Contact the course organiser: Theresa.firstname.lastname@example.org
PraxisAuril is once again working with ASTP-Proton to deliver a sector-specific course which develops the skills and approach of the knowledge exchange and commercialisation professional in line with the characteristics of the Social Sciences, Humanities and the Arts (SSHA) sector.
Is this course right for me?
This course is suitable for early stage career Knowledge Exchange and Commercialisation professionals working in the Social Sciences, Humanities and the Arts (SSHA) with up to 3 years' experience, or those with longer experience in KEC who have recently moved into a role in this sector.
Why should I attend this course?
In the past its been assumed that Knowledge Exchange in SSHA is merely a subset of more general KE activity, but this approach leaves the discussion dominated by case studies in science and an emphasis on ‘hard’ IP.SSHA involves a wider range of IP, of engagement and knowledge exchange activities, and of eventual impacts in the wider world. The growing community of KE professionals across Europe is finding new ways to build relationships between SSHA researchers and businesses, public organisations and communities.
We have consulted widely with senior SSHA professionals across Europe (including the UK) to find out the types of issues faced and topics that would be useful. We then sought practitioners who could speak with authority and from personal experience. The programme includes contributions from several countries and reflects (some of) the diversity of institutions and partnerships in SSHA.
We hope that the mixing of communities and experiences from a wider diversity of institutions and countries gives us all new perspectives on our profession.
What will I learn from the course?
- Different types of ‘intellectual assets’ possessed by researchers in SSHA
- Drivers for knowledge exchange in the sector
- The nature of the third-party relationships that help facilitate exchange & impact
- How value is captured and ways of measuring success
- Best practice in structuring, incentivising and resourcing the activity
- Identify & capture value
- Grow value over longer timescales
- Unlocking financial and non-financial benefits
- Working without relying on formal IP
- Build and use a network of contacts gained through the course
The course also focuses on networking, providing a valuable platform to meet peers, discuss best practice, and interact with the course team and other contributors.
PLEASE NOTE: There may be a requirement for delegates to undertake some pre-course work/reading before the course begins.
What makes this course different to others available in the sector?
PraxisAuril can deliver this training from the unique perspective of KE practitioners. We see the world from the same angle as you do!
We draw on a wide diversity of experienced SSHA practitioners from the UK and mainland Europe and will use cases drawn exclusively from the SSHA field. The course is being run in partnership with ASTP Proton – enabling us to share experience from colleagues from throughout continental Europe.
In common with all our courses we’re using a mixture of cases, scenarios and examples as a basis of group discussion and break-outs.
20% discount on group bookings
Make a 20% saving on course fees by registering five or more delegates from your organisation for this event.
The course fee includes:
- Attendance at all lectures and workshops
- Training and reference materials (electronic or otherwise)
- Registration event (including buffet dinner & drinks*) on Monday 10 December 2018
- Networking event (including buffet dinner & drinks*) on Tuesday 11 December 2018
- Morning and afternoon refreshments and lunch every day
* Please note that there is no reduction in the course fee if you choose not to attend the evening events.
12 ATTP Points
10th December - 12th December
|Course Fee (Members £895)||£ 1025.00|