Have you got something in mind you want to enter for The Impact Awards?
The Impact Awards recognise the outstanding contribution of knowledge exchange, knowledge transfer and/or commercialisation activities for:
- Contribution to Business
- Contribution to Society
- Outstanding KEC initiative
- International contribution
If you've got a project you think qualifies for one of these categories, make sure you can answer these four questions with a resounding "yes" before submitting your entry:
- Have you described how the entrant(s) have made an essential contribution to enable the intellectual assets arising from research to progress towards impact and the delivery of public benefits?
- Have you described how your approaches to specific KEC delivery added value and contributed to progressing research towards impact?
- Have you described and documented the extent to which users (businesses, charities and public sector organisations etc...) are, or will be, benefiting from these activities?
- Have you explained how the award money would be used to support future plans in delivering impact through KEC?*
Don't forget these do's and don'ts:
- Make sure you properly answer the questions above
- Clearly highlight the impact the KEC Team had - what did they contribute to your success?
- Tell us why the project is/was important
- Describe the contribution it made
- Spell out acronyms
- Get a colleague to proofread your entry - do they understand what the KEC team contributed and why this was outstanding?
- Leave yourself enough time to put together a solid entry
- Remember each research organisation can submit more than one entry per category providing the projects described are significantly different.
- Provide excessive contextual information
- Pad out the entry just to meet the word limit
- Be vague - where possible, give specific figures and details - don't make the judges second guess what you're trying to say!
- Forget to stay within the word count
The competition closes for on April 16th - don't forget to leave yourself enough time to prepare your winning entry! * Only institutions eligible for RCUK funding are entitled to receive the award money.