Translations Projects Coordinator – Clinical Outcomes
Clinical Outcomes Team - Licensing and Ventures Group
Permanent: Ref: 176
Oxford University Innovation Ltd is the highly successful technology transfer company owned by the University of Oxford, commercialising the research generated by the University. Working with over four thousand of the world’s brightest minds, Oxford University Innovation helps translate their ideas and expertise into projects that make a tangible difference to businesses and governments through technology licensing and the formation of spin-out companies.
The Clinical Outcomes team is a high profile and successful team supporting the health outcomes measurement needs of national programs, publicly funded healthcare as well as medical device companies and the pharmaceutical sector. We now have an exciting opportunity for a Translation Projects Coordinator who can focus on building the translation service and be responsible for its continued growth and success.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Coordination of translation and linguistic validation activity of Clinical Outcomes Assessments (COAs). The successful candidate will coordinate associate project managers to deliver these projects to the highest standards for our clients.
- Growing an already successful business activity, developing marketing activity with colleagues to raise awareness of our high-quality translation services.
- Being fully engaged with and grow awareness of the latest sector good practices on COA translations.
- Building a network of reliable high-quality associates to deliver our COA translation services.
- Growing our client base of those commissioning translations with the Clinical Outcomes team.
- Working effectively with our researchers/developers at the University of Oxford and elsewhere to ensure the COAs they have authored are faithfully reproduced for use in other languages/cultures.
The ideal candidate will have a degree (or equivalent) in linguistics or English and ideally fluent in two or more European languages. With entrepreneurial drive the candidate must have the ambition to grow the translation business they are responsible for within the Clinical Outcomes team. With a commitment to integrity and attention to detail the candidate must be enthusiastic and should ideally have proven translation project management skills experience ideally in medical applications, be able to work autonomously and manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate proven competence in:
- Grasping complex methods/processes quickly and being able to apply them.
- An extremely high level of attention to detail and accuracy, particularly in proof-reading.
- Deploying excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing with a diverse group of individuals.
- Working successfully within a close-knit team, be an effective team player and able to manage multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously.
How to apply: If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application form from our website (www.innovation.ox.ac.uk) and send together with a copy of your CV and covering letter to Sarah Barton at email@example.com Salary for this role is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of £24,000 to £30,000 p.a. and part of a competitive package of benefits.
Closing date is midday on Thursday 22nd July 2021. Information about the benefits and working life at OUI can be found here https://innovation.ox.ac.uk/about/careers/
Oxford University Innovation is an Equal Opportunities Employer and accredited with the Investors in People Silver status.