- Are you passionate about creating global impact from world leading University research?
- Would you like to join a supportive team of outstanding people who help bring great Oxford ideas to life?
- Do you have a technical or commercial background in any of the Physical Sciences?
Oxford University Innovation (OUI) and its Licensing and Ventures team is known for its recent expedited work on the Oxford/AstraZeneca Covid 19 vaccine. We have created spinouts like YASA (recently acquired by Mercedes-Benz) whose electric motors offer world-leading torque density and Oxford Nanopore Technologies who are revolutionizing DNA sequencing. The Higher Education Business and Community Interaction survey ranked Oxford as the country’s top performing university for commercializing intellectual property. Join us and be part of bringing together the worlds of academia and industry to create global impact from university research. From licensing University inventions and finding investment for spinout companies to setting up social enterprises and supporting student entrepreneurship, innovation is the magic behind the scenes that turns ideas born in Oxford University into transformative economic and societal change.
The successful candidate will join a talented and supportive team in a flexible working environment within our Licensing and Ventures group and will focus on commercialising technologies arising from the mathematical, physical and engineering sciences. The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Working with, and influencing, world-leading academics to commercialise new technologies.
- Identifying and executing commercial strategies for transferring technologies to industry.
- IP and patent portfolio management, commercial foresight and planning.
- Negotiating appropriate licensing contracts and supporting the formation of spinout companies.
The ideal candidate will have a physical sciences degree and significant experience of working in a technology transfer or a related research or commercial environment. Additional qualifications such as a PhD or MBA, are advantageous although not essential.
Along with a commitment to integrity and sound commercial judgement, the successful candidate will also need to demonstrate:
- The ability to grasp challenging technical concepts quickly from a wide range of technology areas.
- Experience of working effectively with stakeholders, confidently influencing them and where appropriate showing tenacity and persistence.
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management, and team working skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for innovation, entrepreneurship and enterprise.
- Working successfully and collaboratively within a team.
- Managing a portfolio of projects within a process-driven environment to successful commercial outcomes.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application form from the OUI website and send together with a copy of your CV and covering letter to Sarah Barton at email@example.com. Information about the benefits and working life at OUI can be found here https://innovation.ox.ac.uk/about/careers/
Salary for this role is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of £35,000 - £48,000
The closing date is midday on Tuesday 18th January 2022.
Oxford University Innovation is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and is empowered to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Happy to talk Flexible Working