Advancing the work of KTN’s previous & existing Robotics programmes (Building Community, Building Knowledge, Building Capability, and Robots for a Safer World), the Knowledge Transfer Manager (KTM) – Robotics will lead and drive the development of the next phase of KTN’s Robotics activity, with a focus on Robots for a more Resilient Future.
Working with KTN cross sector teams and management, the robotics community and key stakeholder groups, the successful candidate will develop and deliver a programme of activity that will accelerate the development and uptake of robotics in the UK, supporting the development of greater resilience in business, supply chains, sectors and the UK economy. In alignment with KTN’s strategy, the candidate will be expected to support the acceleration of innovation through engaging with academia, industry and relevant stakeholder groups, building their networks of innovators, creating diverse connections to drive positive change, not just in terms of economic prosperity but also through sustainable societal and environmental benefits.
Additionally, the successful candidate will also be expected to support the wider strategic ambitions of the Complex Systems Group. Our stakeholders and strategic partners are increasingly turning to KTN for both innovation support and innovation insights. Bringing deep robotics expertise to group and KTN wide challenges, the candidate will support and lead in the development of articles, white papers and thought leadership with the aim to inform, shape and deliver programmes of activity and the innovation communities of the future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead in the development and delivery of KTN’s Robotics programme, with a focus on Robots for a more Resilient Future.
- Build and maintain effective professional relationships with all stakeholder groups, including Government, business and third sectors, to help successfully deliver KTN's strategy and Complex Systems Group programmes.
- Development, management and delivery of new public sector and private sector projects and programmes within the Robotics domain.
- Development, management and delivery of projects and programmes within the Complex Systems Group, including the development of articles, case studies, white papers and thought leadership papers.
- Engage with businesses directly and provide support through knowledge transfer, making relevant new connections, facilitating collaborations and access to funding.
- Track progress of businesses to determine outcomes resulting from KTN interventions, seeking case studies and metrics (KPI) capture.
- Seek new business opportunities for KTN, with potential for new growth opportunities in global innovation.
- Support KPI delivery and provide regular reporting of activity and outcomes.
- Degree level or equivalent industrial experience in engineering and/or science from an area related to Robotics.
- A good working knowledge of robotic systems, the potential breadth of their application and the routes for their commercial exploitation.
- A demonstrable track record of business development within the robotics sector, both in support of collaborative opportunities and in the creation of new opportunities.
- Experience of working across sectors and disciplines to support, lead and manage the delivery of complex projects or programmes.
- Experience and aptitude in business and public-sector stakeholder engagement.
- A demonstrable track record of project design, leadership, management and delivery.
Skills and Competencies:
- Highly motivated, self-starting and results oriented individual with a strong desire to deliver economic and societal impacts through collaborative partnerships.
- Team player with good relationship building and influencing skills; enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment.
- An open, adaptable and inquisitive mindset, able to take a holistic view and thrive in fast moving and changeable environments.
- A ‘systems thinker’ with the ability to identify innovative opportunities and solutions across highly complex problem spaces.
- Strong communicator with well-developed written and verbal skills, able to translate complex topics for a broad audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with and understand the needs and capabilities with stakeholders across a range of technical and/or industrial disciplines.
- High level of IT literacy and organisational skills.