Summary of the role/position
The University of Exeter Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) portfolio is rapidly expanding, and we need a highly motivated professional to join the team to lead and manage the successful delivery of KTP projects and new bids. This is an exciting and rewarding role, working with a variety of academic and industrial partners across a broad range of specialisms and industries to embed innovation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage mutually beneficial relationships between academic teams and industrial partners via Innovate UK's Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) scheme, and in support of broader commercialisation opportunities arising from University research
- Assess and select potential company partners for KTPs, with regard to their financial, technical and organisational suitability and establishing long-term, effective partnerships
- Identify the nature of the company's knowledge need, and work with their management to agree the scope of a suitable KTP project or other business collaboration as appropriate
- Prepare, co-ordinate, guide, and be responsible for, proposal submissions in accordance with Innovate UK requirements
- Initiate and take responsibility for the joint recruitment of KTP Associates, adhering to university HR policy
- For each partnership, negotiate and agree Intellectual Property and contractual terms.
- Set up, manage and maintain awarded KTPs, taking responsibility for the successful delivery of all aspects of the project
- Build and manage strong relationships across the various stakeholders within individual partnerships.
- Maintain control of and manage KTP budgets, liaising with partnerships to inform and advise on KTP financial practice
The University of Exeter
We are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of research-intensive universities and in the top 150 universities in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019). We combine world-class teaching with world-class research, achieving a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework Award 2017.
Our research income in recent years means we are the fastest growing UK Research University and we seek to answer some of the most fundamental issues facing humankind today through this. 98% of our research is international quality (2014 Research Excellence Framework) and we encourage proactive engagement with industry, business and community partners to enhance the impact of research and education and improve the employability of our students.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity at Exeter
With over 27,000 students and 6,400 staff from 180 different countries we offer a diverse and engaging environment in which to work. We are an equal opportunity employer, a Disability Confident employer and an Athena Swan accredited institution. Since 2019, the university has also signed an Armed Forces Covenant, demonstrating the University’s commitment to supporting the Armed Forces community. Whilst all applicants will be judged on merit alone, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented in the workforce.
We offer some fantastic benefits including:
- 41 days leave per year
- options for flexible working
- numerous discounts at leading retailers
- onsite gyms and a cycle to work scheme
- sector leading policies around maternity, adoption and shared parental leave
- stunning campus environments in Exeter and Cornwall, in the beautiful South West of England
Please contact Sophie O’Callaghan, email@example.com or 07880 473836.