The awards aim to celebrate the 'unsung heroes' within the energy industry, who are breaking boundaries to bring benefits to customers, industry and the supply chain.
This year there is a new losses award, which will offer a cash prizes to the first, second and third winners, recognises innovative technologies, practices or solutions that could lead to a reduction in distribution network costs.
The categories include:
- Best electricity network improvement
- Best gas network improvement
- Best innovation implemented or adopted by a contractor
- Best innovation contributing to quality and reliability of electricity supply
- Best innovation contributing to quality and reliability of gas supply
- Best international trade award
- Best offshore renewables innovation
- Best safety innovation
- Environmental impact
- Best smart grid innovation
- Best University Technology
- Losses Award (sponsored by SSEN)