In-Part and PraxisAuril have teamed up to bring our members fresh insight into university-research collaboration, bringing UK and US R&D professionals together for an online discussion.
This webinar will bring together a panel of thought-leaders from industry to share their outlook on collaborating with universities and research institutes. The aim will be to establish what R&D teams look for in new potential academic partners; how they evaluate opportunities to collaborate; and what their current priorities are in terms of commercialising academic research.
· Barclay Satterfield, External Innovation Technology Manager at Eastman Chemical Company (USA)
· Matthias Höss, Associate Director, Immunology Partnering at UCB Pharma (UK)
· Alisa Band, Senior Investment Manager at Henkel Tech Ventures, Chemicals and Materials (USA)
What do R&D teams want from universities?
It’s important to understand the outlook of R&D functions in companies - how they approach collaborating with universities, their motivations to work with researchers, and their priorities within a constantly shifting research landscape – all this is essential for successful knowledge exchange and commercialisation.
In this webinar, three R&D practitioners working at the interface with academia will share their outlook on collaborating with universities and research institutes, providing insights into the motivations and processes behind their evaluation of new research. Discussion topics will include:
- How R&D teams evaluate new research and collaboration opportunities
- The motivations behind looking to academia for innovation
- What R&D teams look for as indicators of commercial potential
Submit your questions in advance of the webinar! Full details available by clicking on this link.