Nominations are invited for The Impact Awards, an award scheme designed to recognise and celebrate the success of knowledge transfer. The Impact Awards are open to all sectors of research that have made an outstanding impact through successful knowledge transfer.
The Impact Awards will raise awareness of the potential of knowledge transfer activities by demonstrating best practice and impact. Organised by PraxisUnico (the UK’s leading research commercialisation organisation), The Impact Awards will showcase the very best examples of knowledge transfer activity.
Maggie Philbin, who regularly provides analysis and comment on technology for the BBC, will be hosting and presenting the awards to the winners on 16 June 2010 in Nottingham at the PraxisUnico Annual Conference Gala Dinner.
Professor David Secher, PraxisUnico Chairman, said, “Fostering knowledge creation and its application is a high UK priority and its support is a key element of the national strategy. The Impact Awards recognise those teams, and individuals, who are creating the businesses and social enterprises of tomorrow.”
To enter The Impact Awards and to have an opportunity to showcase projects to peers, opinion leaders, potential collaborators or partners, entrants must register their submission online at www.impactawards.org.uk. The deadline for entries is 16 April 2010.
Notes to Editors
1. The Impact Award categories include:
· Business Impact Award – Achieved
· Business Impact Award – Aspiring
· Environmental Impact Award
· Public Policy and Service Impact Award
· Newcomer of the Year Award
2. Tickets to The Impact Awards Ceremony are available to non-conference attendees priced at £135 (plus VAT) per ticket.
1. PraxisUnico is a not-for-profit educational organisation set up to support innovation and commercialisation of public sector and charity research for social and economic impact. PraxisUnico encourages innovation and acts as a voice for the research commercialisation profession, facilitating the interaction between the public sector research base, business and government. PraxisUnico provides a forum for best practice exchange, underpinned by first-class training and development programmes.
2. PraxisUnico is the UK’s leading research commercialisation association.