This is a unique opportunity to work with two world-class Technology Transfer Offices on a joint internship program and springboard your career into the world of Technology Transfer. Working for six months in Oxford at Oxford University Innovation and in London at Imperial Innovations you will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to work alongside talented and experienced professionals on the following topics:
- Relationship and network building.
- Assisting with intellectual property searches and filing patents.
- Technology scouting.
- Desk research to support the commercialisation of ideas.
- Assisting the creation of businesses through business plans, due diligence, patenting, and other preparation work.
- Working with individuals and companies to access finance.
- Marketing and communications around university innovation.
- Supporting licence deals
Successful applicants should:
- Be in possession or be about to complete a postgraduate qualification in the life sciences field (M.Sc. or PhD equivalent);
- Some experience of science commercialisation would be beneficial
- Demonstrate a passion for entrepreneurship and enterprise, ideally also possessing some experience of related activities.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of projects in varying backgrounds and stages of the project lifecycles
Candidates will also need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills and strong verbal and written communication skills. In addition, candidates must be willing and able to spend six months in Oxford and six months in London over the duration of the internship.
How to apply
Please send your CV, covering letter and application form to: Jacek Krzyzanowski at
More information is available online on https://innovation.ox.ac.uk/jobs/joint-oxford-university-innovation-and-imperial-innovations-internship/
Please remember to download the application form available online.
To apply for these internships, you must have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to offer sponsorship for visa applications.
Salary: £10.20 p/h (Please note, terms and conditions of employment will vary between both locations). Successful candidates may be eligible for reasonable assistance for costs between Oxford and London
Closing date is 30th April 2018.