Too many lives are still lost to diseases which vaccines could prevent, mostly in low and middle-income countries. The Vaccines priority area is working to support the development of new and improved vaccines and to enable better, broader use of the vaccines that already exist through stimulating research, development and policy to address this critical unmet need. This is a key strategic initiative for Wellcome, with an initial investment of £175m over 5 years
About the job…
In this job, the successful candidate be a vital part of Wellcome and to help us to achieve our aims. The candidate will join people with different backgrounds and different perspectives who work together to produce great results. We know that diversity creates inspired thinking, and we support it in a working culture of inclusion and equality.
We are looking for a talented Individual to join the team as a Vaccines Research Lead. The successful candidate will develop, execute and monitor the outcomes of the vaccines priority area through leading and managing a small team of talented professionals, with a large focus on connecting research with implementation to enable the better use of vaccines and to develop new and improved vaccines.
A true unique opportunity for an individual to direct a programme of work, consolidating their strong research background to have impact working at one of the world’s biggest research funders.
Please note that this role requires international travel
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- Doctoral degree, MPH in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience
- A strong background in infectious diseases, global health, public health or the vaccines field. The key requirement is to have credibility with the research community and global health stakeholders.
- Experience with interdisciplinary research with an understanding of the role and value of different types of research across the vaccines development and implementation pathway
- A strong understanding of the science/policy interface and a strong desire to see science and research translated into policy and practice to improve health.
- Familiarity with the ecosystem of organisations working in vaccines research, development and implementation.
Please see full Job Description Here
We believe great ideas can change the world and improve health for everyone. At Wellcome, we help great ideas to thrive by supporting scientists and researchers, taking on big problems, fuelling imaginations and sparking debate.
We offer excellent benefits and help our employees to develop in an open, respectful culture where differences are valued.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Late applications will not be accepted. We retain the right to close the advert before the listed closing date based on application volumes.