Position: University Liaison Officer
Remuneration: Competitive / dependent on experience
Location: Sheffield (City centre)
Working hours: Full-time
Deadline for applications: Monday 3rd June, 2019
Due to our constantly expanding university network, we are seeking a University Liaison Officer to join the team in our Sheffield office. As a start-up company, we’re looking for creative, enterprising individuals that are enthusiastic about academic research spanning life sciences, physical sciences and engineering. They must be confident communicators that are comfortable conducting themselves in a professional manner with a range of stakeholders.
After an initial introductory period, employee responsibilities will include:
Introduce IN-PART’s service to new university clients, helping them to quickly understand what we do and answering any further queries.
Maintain and build close working relationships with current clients, to help IN-PART’s service fit around their own workflow.
Get to grips with our in-house analytics system, and accurate relaying and interpretation of statistics to university management teams.
Skills and knowledge required:
The successful person for this role will:
- Be a graduate from any degree discipline but STEM subjects and/or Post-Graduate level degrees are preferred.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to confidently communicate in a clear and concise manner with colleagues and clients across all levels of seniority.
- Self-motivated and well organised, with excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Have knowledge and experience of using IT suites, such as Microsoft Office, Google Apps etc.
- 2-3 years of relationship management experience in either a private or public sector organisation.
- Knowledge and interest in Higher Education, Science and High Tech sectors and, ideally, awareness of technology transfer processes.
All of the above is preferable, we will consider high-quality candidates who have some, but not all these skills, and who can demonstrate a keen willingness to learn and excel in a start-up environment.
IN-PART is a rapidly expanding UK based start-up. We connect university research to companies looking to find innovative R&D pathways for commercialisation. We launched our service in January 2014 and now work with over 200 world-leading universities to showcase their research to our industry network of over 5,000 research-intensive companies, ranging from global corporations to regional SMEs.
Companies we work with include: Philips, GSK, Pfizer, Google, Apple, Dyson, Unilever and Johnson & Johnson. Our university clients include Cambridge, Oxford, Manchester, Birmingham, as well as international universities including MIT, Columbia, Cornell and a number of institutions across the EU, Japan, Australia, South America and Africa.
We’re an early-stage company with an atmosphere to match, with every member of the team given a large amount of autonomy from day one. We organise eclectic staff outings, have a relaxed office environment, and want people who work hard and are easy to get on with.
- All expenses paid, company-wide meetups twice a year (e.g. Crazy Golf, Escape Rooms, Summer Park Games).
- 22 days holiday plus statutory (plus bonus holiday days on your birthday and around Christmas)
- Retro gaming station, and an unlimited supply of tea and coffee!
The deadline for applications is Monday 3rd June, 2019. Applications should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include, as well as a CV, a brief cover letter detailing why you would be interested in joining IN-PART. Please use the email subject title: ‘IN-PART: University Liaison Officer’.