For KU Leuven Research & Development (LRD) we are looking for a Translational Program Manager in the domain of Life Sciences, Pharmaceuticals & Medtech
Are you curious about the activities of Leuven’s top researchers? Do you want to participate in making the expertise and research results of the Leuven university available to society? If so, a job as Translational Program Manager at KU Leuven Research & Development (LRD) might be something for you.
For the fourth year in a row, KU Leuven has topped the Reuters ranking of Europe’s most innovative universities. KU Leuven Research & Development (LRD) builds bridges between science and industry. By transferring knowledge and technologies to society and the marketplace, LRD advances the impact of research results on people’s lives around the globe. LRD has developed a solid tradition of collaborating with industry, securing and licensing intellectual property rights, creating spin-off companies and stimulating knowledge-driven regional development. LRD supports researchers throughout the entire technology and knowledge transfer process and helps them to best leverage the societal and economic potential of their research.
In partnership with Wellcome, KU Leuven is establishing a unique program for the translation of research at KU Leuven and its university hospital UZ Leuven into impactful innovations. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated colleague to coordinate and realize this program in close cooperation with our KU Leuven researchers, the UZ Leuven clinicians and LRD experts.
Coordination and implementation of the translational program includes a wide range of activities:
- You identify and analyse new innovation opportunities based on research at KU Leuven and UZ Leuven in life sciences, pharmaceuticals and medtech.
- You play a central role in defining, following up and critically analysing scientific, clinical and market validation.
- You are actively involved in the creation and management of a network of experts (regulation, clinical, prototyping, etc.), mentors and entrepreneurs-in-residence, who are involved in innovation projects with potential for new research collaborations, licenses or spin-offs companies.
- You are the point of contact for Wellcome and you are responsible for progress reporting on the translational projects.
- You work in close cooperation with the researchers, the innovation managers and the LRD colleagues from the Intellectual Property and Spin-off & Innovation departments.
- You have a (preferably Ph.D.) degree in bio-engineering sciences, biology, (bio)medical sciences, pharmaceutical sciences or a related domain, possibly combined with a management education.
- You have experience/affinity with technology transfer, business development and/or start-ups in the field of life sciences, pharmaceuticals or medtech.
- Experience in project management is an asset.
- You are driven, stress resistant, responsible, honest and independent. You have excellent time management skills and are used to working to deadlines. .
- You have excellent communication and social skills.
An exciting and challenging job, focused on continuous innovation and development in a multidisciplinary and international context. We offer a full-time employment (80% is negotiable) of 2 years with the possibility to extend as a Translational Program Manager. We provide training opportunities relevant to the position with room for professional growth.
For more information please contact Mr Sammy Brié, tel .: +32 16 37 37 24.
You can apply for this job up to and including 13/12/2019 via our online application:
KU Leuven seeks to foster an environment where all talents can flourish, regardless of gender, age, cultural background, nationality or impairments. If you have any questions related to accessibility or support, please contact us at diversiteit.HR@kuleuven.be.