Oncology Research Translation Executive - CRUK Beatson Institute
Location: CRUK Beatson Institute, Glasgow
Salary: Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Contract: Permanent, full time
Please note we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled so early application is strongly encouraged to avoid disappointment.
Join the interface between scientific innovation and commercial development as a Translation Executive – and help in our mission to cure cancer faster.
We’re already the world’s largest non-governmental cancer research organisation, but our ambition doesn’t stop there. Within CRUK’s new Commercial Partnerships team we’re refreshing, restructuring and recruiting for a variety of rewarding roles in order to proactively, confidently and credibly sell our compelling vision to high profile scientists.
As a Translation Executive, you’ll help us to identify, develop and protect their science to convert discoveries into drugs, diagnostics and digital medicine. It will be a challenging and rewarding role – one you’ll thrive on as a core member of the Commercial Partnerships Team, as you build relationships and encourage a spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship across the scientific community.
As a Translation Executive you will use your scientific knowledge, leadership and in-depth experience in translating discover research and pre-clinical science to:
- Play an active role as member of R&I regional groupings (CP, Research Funding Manager, Institutes & Centres Team, Engagement Manager, Research Branding and Communications etc.)
- Play an active role as member of the Beatson Institute Team
- Work with the Regional Translation Lead to build larger translational research initiatives in Scotland and North East England, and nationally
- Be accountable for opportunity sourcing and translation of oncology-focussed research at the Beatson Institute
- Develop a deep understanding of the research landscape at other allocated CRUK site(s) and identify increased collaborative and translational funding opportunities to accelerate progress
- Provide appropriate technology transfer services and manage intellectual property protection for portfolio projects
If you would like to read a full job description please click here. If this sounds like a challenge you want to take on we would love to hear from you!
- PhD (or equivalent) in a scientific or healthcare discipline, ideally oncology.
- In-depth experience in translating discovery research and pre-clinical science gains in sectors such as medical technologies, diagnostics, healthcare technologies and pharmaceuticals. This experience may have been gained in industry, healthcare, academia or non-profit organisations.
- Ability to drive an entrepreneurial spirit and think creatively.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner.
Please note, from 2019, our head office will be relocating from Islington to a new office space in Stratford, close to the Olympic Park.