PBL invests in technologies emerging from public sector research, across the life sciences. We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic individual with the knowledge, contacts and ability to generate revenues from the transfer of early stage technology by licensing and spin-outs. This is a key role in our Norwich Headquarters with leading responsibility for our Health, Nutrition and Biotech portfolio.
In this role you will:
- interact closely with leading research scientists in UK and elsewhere around the world to identify, assess and select extremely new technologies
- obtain and oversee public innovation grants to develop and strengthen early stage innovations
- proactively market technologies internationally, matching them with commercial development partners and/or venture finance
- establish deals with commercial development partners/licensees to develop and commercialise our technology
- catalyse/implement new spin-out formation and financing, and oversee most of PBL’s existing spin-out portfolio
- all of which to generate revenues for PBL and the various sources of our technology.
Solid scientific qualifications to PhD level, and career background in life sciences
Eagerness to engage creatively at early stage of technology translation
Demonstrated achievements in technology licensing and new venture formation
Practical and strategic understanding of intellectual property
Experience of and contacts in pharma, biotech industry and venture investment
In addition you will display first rate communication and interpersonal skills; ability to manage a dynamic and diverse portfolio of activity; persistence and creativity in technology promotion and deal making; and a sound appreciation of the innovation and technology transfer process. You are conscientious and hard-working and prepared to deal with the details.
We offer an excellent remuneration and benefits package commensurate with qualifications and experience and including pension, bonus and employee profit share scheme. Reports to the Managing Director. Location: PBL’s HQ on the Norwich Research Park. Enquiries or application in the form of covering statement and CV, please, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd February 2019.