Senior Research Engagement Manager
Location: London, Angel (relocating to Stratford in Oct) or regionally based
Contract: Fixed Term – circa 9 months, full time or part time
Salary: Circa £42k + benefits
Closing date: Midnight 14th July
Are you a creative and driven individual looking to develop your career and make a difference?
Cancer Research UK’s Research Engagement team creates memorable opportunities for face-to-face engagement and communication between researchers and the public, so that people understand and value the role of research in beating cancer, and take action to support CRUK.
We work across the organisation with colleagues from Fundraising, Communications, Policy and Information to ensure that supporters can engage with CRUK research in inspiring and creative ways.
The team of 14 Research Engagement managers are largely based in one of the CRUK-funded research locations across the UK, where they build local relationships, train researchers, organise events, create social media content and devise interactive activities.
Research is the way CRUK is beating cancer, and connecting people to that research helps us to continue our life-saving work.
We’re looking for an ambitious team-player to…
- Generate and deliver strategic projects that will engage the public, supporters and our colleagues with our inspiring research
- Lead a regional team of Research Engagement Managers, driving high performance, setting stretching objectives and supporting development across the national team
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation, improving the ability of departments to make the most of Research Engagement, and ensuring alignment with organisational strategies across CRUK
- Encourage and support CRUK-funded researchers and institutions to value and take part in engagement activities
- Represent the organisation externally, deputising for the Head of Research Engagement where required, both within the CRUK-funded research Centres and within the national engagement sector.
Join us and help save more lives through your...
- Engagement experience – leading innovative programmes of engagement activities, to inspire and connect the public to research and new ideas
- Strategic thinking – developing an ambitious long-term direction for an area of work
- Experience of managing complex projects to achieve delivery of a long-term strategy
- Leadership and Influencing skills – working collaboratively as part of a management team, negotiating buy-in from direct reports, colleagues, senior stakeholders and external groups
To see a full job description, please follow this link: https://adobe.ly/2XpCbaG
Beating cancer is a real challenge. Here at Cancer Research UK we have 3,500 talented people who are passionate about achieving this vision and thrive in our complex, diverse and dynamic environment.
If you’re as ambitious as we are, join the world’s largest charity dedicated to beating cancer through research.