KTN 2025 Strategy
We connect ideas, people and communities to drive innovation that changes lives.
Innovation is complex. The journey from idea to market is not straightforward and requires a diverse range of know-how, investment, market knowledge and research. KTN exists to connect innovators with new partners and new opportunities beyond their existing thinking - accelerating ambitious ideas into real-world solutions.
The future holds both challenges and opportunities. We are passionate about working with innovative businesses to overcome these challenges and shape the opportunities and solutions that follow.
Our vision is to create a network of innovators so powerful its ideas will change the world.
While business is at the heart of our work, our diverse connections span government, funders, research and the third sector. This unrivalled overview and connectivity enable us to be a trusted guide through a complex global landscape of research, development and innovation. Over the next five years, we will build collaborations at a local, national and global level.
Purpose of the role
To lead the successful development and delivery of KTN’s Net Zero Programme. To be KTN’s external champion for Net Zero (establishing and maintaining key strategic relationships) and to be responsible for the Programme planning and the successful delivery or projects and initiatives that sit within the Programme.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To lead the KTN Net Zero Programme and continue to shape it in line with KTN Strategy and to be coherent with external stakeholders and partners where appropriate.
- To be KTN’s external point contact (external face / champion) for Net Zero, working in partnership with innovation agencies and other relevant stakeholders.
- To develop new Net Zero communities and build connections between existing communities.
- To play an active and flexible role in projects that fall within KTN’s Net Zero Programme – Project Manager, Team Member or Project Sponsor as appropriate.
- Maintain an overview of UK Net Zero related strategies and policies, identify interdependencies and coordinate KTN’s input / response.
- To develop and coordinate an internal Net Zero community of practice and leverage opportunities for collaboration within the portfolio of Net Zero related work.
- To work externally with potential and existing partners and clients to secure income projects that align with the Programme (working with KTN Business Development and Project teams).
- Identify opportunities for, and develop, thought leadership pieces to help inform policy and strategy.
- To secure resources internally (external budgets and staff time) to ensure that Net Zero work is resourced effectively, and that staff resources are directed and managed appropriately.
- To ensure that KTN’s ambitions, role, activities and successes in Net Zero are high profile, well communicated and clear, both internally and externally.
- To work with the Strategic Portfolio Office and Executive team sponsor (s) to ensure continued alignment with business goals, track and report status of the programme ensuring outcomes and benefits are leveraged across the organisation.
- Degree level or demonstrable equivalent experience in a field directly relevant to innovation towards Net Zero.
- Recognised as a leader in an area of innovation/technology relating to Net Zero, with the ability to understand and articulate the challenges facing business and the opportunities for innovation to drive impact, both within and across sectors.
- Experience of developing and maintaining productive relationships and partnerships with external stakeholders.
- Strong leadership capability with the ability to motivate, coach and inspire others, including those outside of any direct line management authority.
- Experience of programme planning and programme management, optimising the utilisation of diverse resources.
- Experience of effective delivery across the traditional boundaries of sector, discipline and team.
- Ability to look continuously for opportunities for improvement and to develop strategies for change to influence and shape the future direction of KTN’s Net Zero Programme.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and persuasively across multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders, explaining complicated matters simply.
- Knowledge of relevant key stakeholders and the main drivers of change for Net Zero.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate confidently and build effective relationships.
- Team player with good relationship building and influencing skills; enjoys working in a collaborative manner in an open, honest, and diverse environment.
- High level of IT literacy.
- Strong leadership capability with the ability to motivate and inspire others who further partner and collaborate internally and externally.
- Ability to look continuously for opportunities for improvement and to develop strategies for change to influence and shape the future direction of the business.
- This role has a salary between £53,000 and £64,000 pa.
- Part time can be considered at a minimum of 0.8 Full Time Equivalent
- 28 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for the year and if part time.
- Pension Plan
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Wider Wallet employee benefits high street discounts scheme.
- Opportunities for continuous professional development as part of our Talent & Development Programme
This advert will close on Monday 26th July 2021, though some circumstances may require us to close earlier, so early application is advised. First stage interviews are likely to be held between 4th and 6th of August 2021.
Currently, during this extended lockdown period, this position is based from home. After the extended lockdown period, the postholder will be home based or out of our London, Harwell or Edinburgh offices.