Cancer Research UK's Therapeutic Discovery Laboratories (CRUK-TDL) is the in-house CRUK drug discovery unit, with a principal focus on establishing and prosecuting biologically-themed multi-project alliances with commercial partners. Based at the Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge, and the London Bioscience Innovation Centre, London, TDL comprises over 80 staff from both industrial and academic backgrounds.
We are looking for a Senior Informatician to join our growing Data team supporting multiple aspects of the drug-discovery project lifecycle. As an informatician you will be working directly with our scientists supporting all stages of the experimental data lifecycle at TDL in line with FAIR principles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with domain experts and project teams to ensure experimental data is findable, accessible, interoperable and retrievable (FAIR)
- Working with laboratory staff to develop statistically sound data analysis and capture methods
- Maintaining and developing data capture/analysis protocols
- Evaluating and optimising existing experimental data management processes
- Building and optimising SQL queries and ETL/ELT processes to support data search and visualisation
- Providing support, including troubleshooting, training and development, on informatics systems and processes to TDL staff
- Appling and fostering best practices in data capture, transformation, analysis and visualisation
To view a full job description please click here: https://adobe.ly/2MRuGTc
You will have:
- Experience working with laboratory scientists, preferably in the drug discovery industry
- An understanding of good experimental design and the application of statistical methodologies for the interpretation of experimental data
- Experience working with informatics software platforms (Dotmatics and IDBS ActivityBase preferable but not essential)
- A good understanding of data transformation, processing, querying and visualisation techniques (ETL/ELT, SQL, data warehousing, dashboarding)
- Experience working with relational databases and a good understanding of basic data architecture
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing team helping to progress data-driven drug discovery and contribute directly to patient benefit. The ideal candidates will have a BSc, MSc or PhD in the physical, computational or life sciences or an equivalent level of industry experience; excellent communication skills; a collaborative mentality with the ability and confidence to work independently where required; and a commitment to continued development.
At CRUK we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to beat cancer sooner. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org