Do you have experience in leading and delivering a market intelligence and analysis service with a focus on research and innovation? Do you have a track record of successful programme/portfolio management in research or innovation activities?
NERC have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Futures Programme Manager to join the team on a permanent basis. Although the post is based in Swindon, the working location is flexible as long as you are able to travel to Swindon when required.
You will play a pivotal role in delivering the Futures team objectives as part of achieving NERC’s ambition. The Senior Futures Programme Manager provides day-to-day leadership and management of foresight activities, Futures idea pipeline and perform analysis to identify the emerging trends and market opportunities that are key to UK success.
You will lead on analysis and interpretation of data and market intelligence and work closely with UKRI/NERC colleagues and external partners in the development of new business cases, plans and strategies based on the best available evidence. The Futures team applies a range of foresight toolkits and engage strategic business at C-suit level to gain insights into emerging trends and grand challenges to recommend and secure investment on most promising areas for UK prosperity where environmental sciences can contribute towards a systems solution.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
• Ability to analyse business supply chains and markets, understand business challenges and spot opportunities to address them through environmental science and innovation as part of a systems approach.
• Business literate skills, with an excellent understanding of how businesses and markets work and how they use scientific research and innovation.
• Ability to meet ambitious deadlines, manage a diverse range of portfolio simultaneously and work flexibly on own initiative.
• Ability to establish effective working relationships and networks with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels, and to use these to deliver outcomes for the organisation.
• Excellent team working skills, and experience of encouraging a collaborative approach within and across teams and organisations; including recognising the contribution of individuals and enabling them to realise their potential.
• Ability to prepare briefings and communicate effectively (both verbal and written) to a wide range of audience.
Choosing to come to work at UKRI means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits including a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme. UKRI are currently trialing hybrid working.
Applications are handled by UK Shared Business Services, to see more details and to apply please visit our job board at https://www.careersportal.co.uk/UKRI-careers/jobs/senior-futures-program.... Please include a covering letter outlining how you fit the role criteria.
The closing date for applications is 16th January 2022.