Senior Data & Research Analysis Manager (Cancer) Please note internally this role is known as Senior Cancer Intelligence Manager (ED & Treat)
Location: Stratford based (1-2 days per week in the office)
Salary: £47,000 p.a.
12-month contract maternity cover
Full time (would consider 0.8FTE or a job share for the right candidate/s)
Are you passionate about using data to make a difference? Join us and develop your person and project management, data interpretation and communication skills to manage a team providing knowledge and intelligence to help the public and patients.
Cancer Research UK leads the way in providing engaging, evidence-based and up-to-date information about cancer. Every day we achieve extraordinary things by being innovative, imaginative and bold. Statistics have never been more vital. Here in our Cancer Intelligence Team, we provide and communicate authoritative statistics and analysis, to inform, inspire and raise awareness of cancer and Cancer Research UK. Our team’s vision is that by making use of and shaping the available evidence, we will prevent more, diagnose earlier, and more effectively treat cancer to beat cancer sooner.
What will you be doing?
We’re looking for a driven and self-starting individual to…
- Provide leadership and strategic direction on data, analysis and intelligence related to Early Diagnosis and Treatment, identifying key areas for new evidence generation and ensure the team’s work supports CRUK’s priorities
- Manage the effective delivery of high-quality UK wide analysis and interpretation of statistical information and deliver projects through your team members
- Ensure researchers, clinicians and other organisations are involved and engaged in our projects
Why this role?
Now we need a Senior Cancer Intelligence Manager to help maintain our position as one of the leading providers of cancer statistics in the UK. As a Senior Cancer Intelligence Manager, you’ll lead your team of Analysts/Senior Analysts to source, create and present high-quality statistical information and intelligence to a wide audience, including commissioners, policy makers, health professionals and researchers.
Who we’re looking for…
You can help us bring forward the day when all cancers are cured through your…
- Specialist knowledge and understanding of early diagnosis and treatment, relevant to the cancer pathway or specialist knowledge in cancer analysis and translation of research into real-world application
- Significant experience of assimilating, analysing and presenting complex data to a variety of audiences
- Ability to lead and direct a team, ensuring delivery of high-quality outputs to help deliver CRUK’s strategic objectives.
- Demonstrable experience of supporting and influencing senior staff members to improve strategic goals.
- Significant experience working with researchers and clinicians
- Demonstrable record of publishing reports for different audiences and/or research papers
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise teams work and deliver to deadlines
You’ll quickly develop the knowledge needed to provide information and make decisions, to tight deadlines and with confidence. You’ll support your team to bring structure to a range of problems, extract the key issues and present their findings clearly and concisely. You’ll be a strong communicator who we can rely on to represent our team within Cancer Research UK and beyond.
If you can do all this and more, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling role as we work hard to beat cancer sooner.