Full Time - Ref: Ox019
An exciting opportunity to join a growing innovation consultancy, providing innovation management and technology commercialisation consultancy and training for global clients.
Oxentia Ltd is a successful global innovation consultancy with an annual turnover of £3m, a team of 20+ highly skilled Consultants, and is a key part of Oxford’s innovation ecosystem. Oxentia delivers services to a worldwide customer base of public and private sector clients in over 65 countries.
Due to continued growth, we have vacancy for an experienced Senior Consultant to join our team, working with the public and private sector, particularly with large corporates, national and provincial government agencies, and universities in Japan. The role will report to senior management and will include client relationship management as well as responsibility for tasks including the following:
- Identifying and winning new business in Japan.
- Assistance with the commercialisation of new technologies through international partnering, licensing and creating new business entities.
- Delivery of innovation consultancy and training projects.
- Building and maintaining strong key account relationships with client organisations, identifying opportunities for collaboration leading to new business.
The successful candidate will have a master’s degree or higher: it is desirable that they have had experience of international business development involving Japan, technology/knowledge commercialisation, innovation consultancy, and the delivery of training for researchers and entrepreneurs. The role will be based in Oxford, UK but will involve national and international travel: in particular, it is envisaged that the Senior Consultant will need to be physically present in Japan for up to 30% of her or his time.
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate proven competence in:
- The Japanese language (fluency).
- Communicating effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide range of people and organisations.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to create as well as deliver excellent written material.
- Ability to manage high quality delivery on multiple projects, simultaneously.
- Forming and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships including with clients from the corporate sectors, the research base, and public and government entities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and working efficiently, and collaboratively, as part of a high performing team.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com, quoting the reference Ox019. Closing date for applications is midnight on 28th August 2019. Strictly no agencies.
Salary for this position is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of £45,000 – £55,000 for a full-time role. Benefits include private medical insurance, plus participation in Oxentia’s EMI Share Option, bonus and pension schemes.
Oxentia Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.