The Senior Associate Dean of the Office of Innovation & Entrepreneurship, who is also the Head of Office, is a member of the School’s Senior Management. The role involves being responsible for protecting and commercialising inventions made by Duke-NUS researchers, managing collaborations and relationships with other organisations that may result in new products or services that impact patients and communities, and building an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship at the SingHealth Duke-NUS Academic Medical Centre (“AMC”). The successful candidate may be considered for a faculty appointment in the School as appropriate.
The Senior Associate Dean is expected to be a visionary leader with the ability to oversee the Office and through its Centre for Technology & Development (CTeD) and Contracts and Industry Engagement Department (CIE), will be responsible for the following: -
- Evaluate, develop, protect and commercialise intellectual property (“IP”) developed and discovered at Duke-NUS by its staff via out-licensing, formation of spin-out companies and product development focused-collaborations with commercial entities.
- Facilitate collaboration agreements and inter-institutional agreements that involve access to the School’s IP and commercial rights.
- Assist faculty staff in the identification of funding for development and incubation of projects, and long-term commercial and/or private funding, through facilitating interactions with pertinent internal and external parties.
- Represent the innovation initiatives of the School at local and international meetings, as well as on grant review and evaluation committees.
- Be an effective conduit of communication to the School’s stakeholders, including SingHealth, Duke University, National University of Singapore, A*STAR and Singapore’s government agencies.
- Work closely with the School’s Communications Department to develop an active social media presence, including networking and educational events.
- Oversee the annual budget of the Office, and for the support of in-house technology development initiatives on behalf of Duke-NUS faculty staff.
- Represent the School in the Joint-Centre for Technology Development (J-CTeD) to continue the development of a harmonised and integrated commercialisation strategy within the SingHealth Duke-NUS AMC.
- Higher degree, preferably MD, MBBS, PhD or equivalent in science, technology or engineering disciplines.
- Minimum 20 years of relevant work experience, particularly in technology transfer and commercialisation in the public sector.
- Additional experience in a private sector would be advantageous.
- Proven capabilities to develop and implement strategies with strong leadership, communication and organisational skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to delegate and empower effective teams due to the complexities of the portfolio.
- Have the ability to work effectively with senior leadership and management team members.
Interested candidates should send a current curriculum vitae and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and interest in the position to: Administrative Chair, Search Committee on Senior Associate Dean, Office of Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Duke-NUS Medical School, by email to: email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We anticipate to begin interviewing candidates from July 2022. More information on the School can be found at www.duke-nus.edu.sg.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Outram Campus
Organization: Duke-NUS Medical School
Department : Office of Innovation & Entrepreneurship
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 14992