You will report directly to the Director of Strategy and Operations joining a professional team that provides expert analysis, guidance and procedural support to enable the Department of Engineering’s world-leading researchers to build relationships with sponsors, win funding, achieve impact and report their achievements. The Department’s research portfolio comprises 500 active grants with a total contract value of approximately GBP200 million, generating income of GBP45 million per year.
You will play a vital role in supporting the creation and application of transformative engineering research by:
- delivering business analysis to guide research funding strategy and planning
- establishing and supporting relationships and networks with sponsors, academics, administrators and other institutions
- managing enquiries and calls for proposals
- providing expert guidance on how to win research funding and optimise knowledge transfer and impact
- developing and managing robust processes for ensuring compliance with research policies, rules and reporting requirements
- identifying and securing opportunities for winning funding for research support.
A degree or equivalent experience in an engineering, science or other technical discipline is essential. You need to have experience of working in industry/business or winning research funding in academia. The role demands excellent skills in analysis, communication and process management.
Salary: £36,261 - £48,677
Closing date: Friday 21 June 2019
Link to our website to apply: http://www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/19704/