To help support our ambitions in external engagement, the College of Social Sciences at the University of Glasgow are seeking applications for two new Research & Knowledge Exchange Lead posts.
1 year Fixed Term - Vacancy Ref : 063949
3 year Fixed Term - Vacancy Ref : 063967
These posts will work with the Dean of External Engagement and the College Research Support Office in:
- Promoting the research & knowledge exchange activities from across the College’s five schools to a wide audience –with a particular focus upon policymakers, third sector organisations, NGOs and the public;
- Providing external engagement support for School events and activities;
- Assisting colleagues across the College to engage with cross-cutting policy debates (both locally and internationally) through events, workshops etc;
- Acting as a general knowledge broker for policymakers, third sector, community groups and charities to link-up with Glasgow researchers; and,
- Supporting the delivery of training, skills support, mentoring and advice for colleagues in external engagement.
The posts will be based in the College Research and Support Office. Each postholder will lead on supporting a particular School.
We are seeking applicants with a background in social science. There will be time for the postholder to take forward their own research agenda, subject to other duties. Typical tasks will include working with academic colleagues to showcase a new piece of research, developing podcasts and blogs to summarise emerging research themes and activities and working with colleagues to deliver successful public events and policy workshops.
The post will suit applicants with a number of different backgrounds. It may for example be attractive for an ECR or recently completed PhD student looking to gain some further Research and Knowledge Exchange experience.