Purpose of the Job
We are seeking a research contract negotiator with exceptional negotiation and drafting skills to join our Research Contracts Team based at either our Wallingford, Edinburgh, Bangor or Lancaster sites. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to join the team providing a robust contract negotiation, drafting and advisory service in support of our world leading scientists.
The main duties of these posts include:
- To draft and finalise research contracts and other agreements in a timely manner
- Identify, communicate and mitigate contractual risks
- Provide specialist support for UKCEH staff on all aspects of contracts and contracts management
- Advise on contractual issues, including intellectual property, confidentiality, liability and publication, to both internal staff and external stakeholders
- Ensure that UKCEH's project contracts enable future use of project results both for future scientific research and where appropriate for commercial exploitation
- Manage the contracts process for and behalf of UKCEH staff, taking into consideration specific project requirements
- Contribute to in-house training sessions at individual UKCEH sites and to the preparation of training materials
Skills upon appointment:
- A good degree in an appropriate subject plus demonstrable legal skills and knowledge.
- At least 12 months experience within a research contracts environment at an equivalent level;
- Proven ability at drafting and negotiating project contracts, including consortia and sub contracts, Framework Agreements, Memoranda of Understanding and Material Transfer Agreements
- Good knowledge of intellectual property issues and ability to provide clear advice on copyright and other areas of IPR
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish close working relationships with scientists and non-scientists alike at all levels
Core Behaviours and Values
- You will demonstrate a commitment to promote and adhere to UKCEH values of Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork.
To apply for this position please click the link below. As well as your CV, please provide a covering letter detailing why you may be suitable for this role.
For more information on our values, please click the application link. For information on the benefits of working for UKCEH, please click the application link for a summary.