Full time (37 hours per week)
Salary range between £40,200 to £41,500 - with some flexibility depending on skills & experience
Based at UKCEH Wallingford, Benson Lane, Crowmarsh Gifford, OX10 8BB
Applications closing date Tuesday 3rd November 2020
Interview date Monday 16th November 2020
We are looking for an experienced Research Contracts Manager to lead the Research Contracts Team (comprising 5 staff) , providing negotiation, advice, and delivery of all CEH revenue generating contracts and associated sub-contracts. Additionally, the Team are responsible for negotiation of consortia agreements, Memoranda of Understanding, Non-Disclosure Agreements, Material Transfer Agreements, studentships and other agreements as required. In all cases, the Team being responsible for assessing, managing and communicating any contractual risk.
- As Team Leader for the research contracts service the Research Contracts Manager role:
- Manage the negotiation and arrangement of UKCEH’s portfolio of research contracts in part through the direct line management of the three Research Contracts Supervisor and Research Contracts Administrator;
- Negotiate and conclude complex research contracts and consortia agreements, associated sub-contracts and other agreements in a timely manner, either drafting or overseeing drafting and delivery;
- Draft and negotiate high value research contracts above specified delegated authority and check accuracy of all contracts for senior management signature;
- Act as UKCEH LEAR in relation EU Projects
- Provide specialist support and advice for UKCEH staff and stakeholders on all aspects of contracts and contracts management, including intellectual property rights;
- Lead in-house training sessions at individual UKCEH sites (and/or on-line) and ensure that training materials are up-to–date and appropriate;
- Ensure that all UKCEH contracts are legally robust. Minimise and secure appropriate contractual risk;
- Oversee and adapt process as required pertaining to whether UKCEH or UKCEH Enterprises are the best vehicle to deliver any contract, assessing risk accordingly.
- Keep abreast of all relevant legislation.