The University of Aberdeen is seeking a Research Commercialisation Officer to join the Impact and Knowledge Exchange team in Research & Innovation. The Impact and Knowledge Exchange team supports: impact, knowledge exchange, industry engagement, commercialisation, entrepreneurship and public engagement with research.
The University’s campaign to recruit for 60 academic posts aims to enhance our status as a world leader in research and this post will join the Impact and Knowledge Exchange team to promote the development of impact from research through knowledge exchange, business engagement and commercialisation.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- Working with academic researchers to identify and develop opportunities for engagement with industry, and to transfer university generated knowledge to business and industry, particularly in the life sciences
- Supporting proposals for external translational funding and advise on intellectual property and commercial partnerships
- Identifying, evaluating and protecting intellectual property created through research
- Developing opportunities for both licensing and company creation from University intellectual property and representing the University during negotiations
- Working with colleagues to develop a pipeline of start up and spin out opportunities in the life sciences
- Building and managing a portfolio of projects
The successful candidate will have a good first degree in a life sciences subject and direct experience of working in knowledge exchange and/or technology transfer. A postgraduate degree and experience of working in a higher education institution is desirable. A track record of negotiating and closing deals is required. We are seeking a team player who is also able to work on their own initiative, being a self-starter with excellent organisational and administrative skills. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, able to convey complex and detailed information effectively.
Salary will be at the appropriate point on the Grade 7 scale (£41,526 - £49,552 per annum), with placement according to qualifications and experience.
Informal enquiries should be made to Dr Ann Lewendon, Commercialisation Manager, e-mail:email@example.com
This post does not meet the minimum requirements as issued by UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) to qualify for an employer-sponsored visa. We are therefore unable to consider applications from candidates for this post who require sponsorship to work in the UK.
To apply online for this position visit www.abdn.ac.uk/jobs
Job Reference Number: RAI062A
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 20 January 2020
Promoting Diversity and Equal Opportunities throughout the University.