We are looking for a Portfolio Operations Manager to join an exciting and remarkable business.
We pioneer scientific and technical innovations developed within defence and government, and find ways for the broader economy and society as whole to benefit. Put simply, we use technology to make the world a better place.
We have evaluated over 400 innovations, contributed a total of £118 million in UK GVA and generated 535 jobs since creation in 2005.
We are passionate about building an organisation that is innovative, exciting, inclusive, and truly diverse.
We understand that diversity is a key driver of innovation and is a critical component of success. We know that a diverse set of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds are crucial to innovation and the development of new ideas, especially in the innovation ecosystem in which we thrive and grow. We are committed to valuing diversity and seek to provide all staff with the opportunity for employment, career, and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications, and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the job.
Please note: This role requires you to be eligible for, or to already hold, SC level security clearance.
• Support the Portfolio VP in providing Portfolio Management Office capability
• Develop and manage the operational capability to determine a prioritized and balanced portfolio, capable of meeting our business and impact goals.
• Manage and optimize client disclosure and opportunity onboarding processes.
• Support development of our end-to-end delivery model, its processes and systems.
• Develop our data dictionary and associated data quality measures, driving ongoing development to fulfil our reporting, Management Information and insight needs.
• Create and manage our executive and client Management Information and dashboards across our operating model.
• Manage and continue to develop our Portfolio Management System (CRM).
• Administer / manage changes to our CRM system
• Provide Portfolio and Business Transformation Programme support.
• Development of portfolio presentation content for our executive team and clients.
• Monitoring and analysis of our portfolio performance, recommending and owning opportunities to improve it.
• Track record in developing new operating models and systems
• Strong sales operations or sales transformation
• Experience looking at the transformation from an operational perspective – CRM environment/ERM environment
• Understanding of PMO and portfolio management, and can help operationalise and institutionalise this in the organisation
• Strong operation and Business/Management information experience, particularly visualisation
• Analytical and curious
• Commercially agile, strong interpersonal skills
• Very strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Power BI, Qliksense or similar experience would be highly advantageous
• Understanding of Intellectual Property Rights and the UK patent process is desirable