This is an exciting opportunity for an Evidence and Evaluation Manager to join BBSRC’s Strategic Planning, Evidence and Engagement Domain.
BBSRC (part of UK Research and Innovation) invests over £450 million in world-class bioscience research, innovation and training each year. BBSRC demonstrates the effectiveness of these investments in order to make the case for continued support for UK bioscience. To help achieve this, we support a programme of evaluation activities which enable BBSRC to identify and assess the impact and wider benefit arising from its investments.
An important element of the role is to gather evidence centred around BBSRC’s ‘Forward Look for UK Bioscience’ with key themes including, sustainable agriculture and food, bioscience for an integrated understanding of human health, and bioscience for renewable energy and clean growth.
You will manage a portfolio of work that contributes to the delivery of BBSRC’s evidence and evaluation strategies. Working on specific projects across the breadth of BBSRC’s remit, you will design and deliver monitoring and evaluation plans for BBSRC’s major investments in bioscience research and innovation.
In this varied role, you will contribute to the development and delivery of an integrated evidence base for enabling a joined-up approach across BBSRC and UKRI which captures evidence of performance, achievement, benefit and impact of bioscience investments.
You will work in partnership with key stakeholders to implement monitoring and evaluation plans for BBSRC’s investments in research, innovation and training, ensuring that processes for data gathering are in place to enable progress and success to be measured.
- Degree in a biological (or related) subject, and/or have equivalent, relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to understand complex ideas and data, identifying, connecting and synthesising relevant information and summarising effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to produce well-structured and clearly articulated documents which distil multiple sources of evidence into compelling insight that drives decision making
- An understanding of the current UK research, innovation and training landscape, including how bioscience research contributes to the delivery of wider benefit and impact
- A team player with good organisational skills, able to plan and prioritise your own work areas, while contributing to wider team activities and priorities as required
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to build effective working relationships with people at all levels, both within the organisation and externally
- An understanding and an interest in the aims and objectives of BBSRC
- A high level of computer proficiency, including an advanced working knowledge of Office packages including Word and Excel (e.g. use of pivot tables and lookups).
UK Research and Innovation recognises and values employees as individuals and provides a rewards and benefit package including a flexible working scheme, an excellent Defined Benefit pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance and a number of other benefits.
How to apply
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please click the apply button. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
The Closing date 5th March 2021