- Are you passionate about creating global impact from world leading University research?
- Would you like to join a team of outstanding people who help bring great Oxford ideas to life?
- Do you have experience in Engineering, Physics, Materials, Computer Science or Mathematics?
With one foot in academia and the other in industry, Oxford University Innovation (OUI)’s professionals undertake a wide variety of activities. From licensing University inventions and finding investment for spinout companies to setting up social enterprises and supporting student entrepreneurship, innovation is the magic behind the scenes that turns ideas born in Oxford University into technologies and new ventures that create positive and transformative economic and societal impact in the wider world.
The successful candidate will join a talented and supportive team within our Licensing and Ventures Group and will focus on commercialising technologies arising from the mathematical, physical and engineering sciences. The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Working with, and influencing, world-leading academics to commercialise new technologies
- Identifying and executing commercial strategies for transferring technologies to industry
- Negotiating appropriate licensing contracts and supporting the formation of spinout companies.
The ideal candidate will have a physical sciences degree (or equivalent) together with a good understanding of research and commercial experience in industry. You may currently be based in industry or academe; you may have sampled life in a start-up environment; or already be working in the technology transfer sector. Knowledge of intellectual property and additional qualifications, for example a PhD or MBA (or equivalent), are advantageous.
Along with a commitment to integrity and sound commercial judgement, the successful candidate will also need to demonstrate:
- a passion for innovation, entrepreneurship and enterprise
- the ability to grasp challenging technical concepts quickly (our team handles projects ranging from cybersecurity through driverless cars and new sensing technologies to quantum computing)
- experience of working effectively with stakeholders, actively influencing them and where appropriate showing tenacity and persistence in business development situations
- excellent interpersonal, relationship management, and team working skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- working successfully and collaboratively within a team
- managing a portfolio of projects within a process-driven environment to successful commercial outcomes.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application form from the OUI website and send together with a copy of your CV and covering letter to Sarah Barton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Information about the benefits and working life at OUI can be found here https://innovation.ox.ac.uk/about/careers/
Salary for this role is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of £31,000 - £40,000
The closing date is midday on Wednesday 24th February 2021.
Oxford University is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and is empowered to reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
We are accredited with the Investors in People Silver status.