Licensing & Ventures Manager – Chemistry
Licensing and Ventures Group
Ref: 147 Permanent
Oxford University Innovation Ltd (OUI) is the highly successful technology transfer company owned by the University of Oxford, commercialising the research generated by the University. Working with over four thousand of the world’s brightest minds, OUI helps translate their ideas and expertise into projects that make a tangible difference to businesses, governments and society through licensing and the formation of spin-out companies.
The Licensing and Ventures Group has an exciting opportunity for the successful applicant to join its highly motivated and successful team in Oxford. We are looking for a Licensing and Ventures Manager who can focus on commercialising the outcomes of the University’s research in Chemistry.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Working with and influencing world-leading academics to commercialise new university technologies in the areas of catalysis, chemical energy, synthesis, sensors, materials, petrochemicals and more
- Identifying commercial strategies for transferring technologies to industry, including supporting proof-of-concept activities and marketing to potential end-users
- Negotiating appropriate licensing contracts, in conjunction with legal experts
- Managing the formation of a spin-out company and running programmes that involve a variety of interdependent projects
- Managing and administering post-deal activity.
The ideal candidate will have a PhD (or equivalent) in Chemistry and commercial experience in the industry and must have the ambition to achieve results, along with a commitment to integrity and sound commercial judgement. The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate proven competence in:
- Grasping technical concepts quickly, and translating these into commercially viable proposals
- Working effectively with key stakeholders, assertively influencing them and where appropriate showing tenacity and persistence in business development situations
- Deploying excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Successfully negotiating and licensing of commercial contracts with relevant industry sectors
- Working successfully within a close-knit team
- Managing a large portfolio of projects to a successful commercial conclusion
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application form from our website (www.innovation.ox.ac.uk) and send together with a copy of your CV and covering letter to Sarah Barton at email@example.com. Salary for this role is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of £31,000-40,000 Closing date is Wednesday 18th April 2019
Oxford University Innovation is an Equal Opportunities Employer and accredited with the Investors in People Silver status.