Contract: Permanent, 35 hours per week. (flexible working requests will be considered)
Closing date: Midnight 30th September 2020. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and may bring forward the closing date, so early application is strongly encouraged to avoid disappointment.
Application process: CV and application questions via our careers page.
Do you want to use your research knowledge in a commercially driven role allowing research institutions time to focus on finding cures?
Ximbio is part of Cancer Research UK Commercial Partnerships (formerly Cancer Research Technology) where it has partnered with and commercialises the research reagents of more than 150 universities, technology transfer offices and research organisations worldwide. Ximbio is the world’s largest non-profit technology transfer organisation dedicated exclusively to research reagents. Ximbio forms part of Cancer Research UK, the world’s largest independent cancer research funding organisation, which funds research in excess of £400M annually.
The Ximbio Licensing Officer role would be ideal for a life science graduate with a PhD and/or relevant experience, to be involved with finding, assessing, managing and helping to commercialise new research reagents from around the world in order to build and develop a unique repository of novel and rare reagents. The successful candidate will have a range of responsibilities which would include building and managing a rapidly growing number of relationships with key research organisations worldwide.
- Processing, drafting and managing out-licensing agreements, ensuring leads are followed up in a timely fashion
- Managing existing and developing new partnerships with universities and research institute
- Reagent scouting, identification, due diligence, evaluation and appropriation of research reagents from universities and research institutes worldwide; including research reagents developed by Cancer Research UK funded research
- Collating technical data on research reagents and updating the Ximbio website.
- Providing content for the creation of flyers/newsletters/other forms of literature for specific marketing campaigns
You can find out more about the role and Ximbio in our candidate pack
- Research-based/life science discipline Masters degree level or equivalent experience
- Practical research laboratory experience in the life sciences field, including the application of research tools such as hybridoma cell lines, antibodies, transgenic mice, plasmids, cell lines and small molecules as tool compounds in academic and commercial research environments
- Experience of negotiation and agreement drafting – creating and maintaining partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship building and stake holder management skills with experience of networking and attendance at scientific conferences
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities to deadlines
If this sounds like a challenge you have the motivation and experience to take on, we would love to hear from you.
What will I gain?
- You’ll be making a real difference to people’s lives - we’re the largest global Cancer Research charity.
- There’s plenty of career progression and training opportunities, through internal and external L&D.
- 25, days annual leave (plus bank holidays and the ability to buy up to 5 days per annum) and 1 CRUK day.
- Pension (employer contributions of up to 10%), life insurance and a great benefit discount platform.
If you’re as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.