Licensing & Collaboration Lead
Location: Stratford (with the flexibility to work from home)
We encourage candidates to apply early to avoid disappointment. There is no closing date for this role.
The Business Development & Transactions (BDT) team is a critical part of CRUK’s Commercial Partnerships (CP) group and enables delivery of patient impact through employing a range of commercial models ranging from traditional licensing and collaborations through to spin-out company formation and innovative industry alliances in both drug discovery and non-therapeutic areas.
The Licensing & Collaboration Lead is a newly created role within the BDT team. You will play a critical role in delivering CP’s strategy to ensure a flow of robust licensing transactions from our technology pipeline and that appropriate research collaboration models & agreements are enacted to enable CRUK’s ambitious research initiative plans with academic and industry.
The Licensing & Collaboration Lead will manage a team of ~7 business development professionals delivering our mission in the licensing & collaboration space.
Some of the things we are looking for in our ideal candidate:
- Extensive business development and commercialisation experience drawn from working in relevant industry, academic or non-profit roles is essential;
- Extensive experience and the ability to negotiate and structure complex commercial contracts with a broad range of transaction experience;
- Ability to establish credibility, and work effectively with key academic and industry stakeholders, assertively influencing them and where appropriate showing tenacity and persistence in business development situations.
- Ability to grasp and report varied technical concepts quickly, and design, develop and critique sound business strategies based on scientific, commercial and financial analysis.
- BSc or PhD (or equivalent work & industry experience) in a Life Science discipline, ideally oncology or technology-related;
You can find out more about the role by viewing the candidate pack on our careers site here: https://cancerresearchuk.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/External_Careers/job/Stratford-2-Redman-Place/Licensing-and-Collaboration-Lead_R015956-2
You can find out more about the Commercial Partnerships team by visiting their website: http://commercial.cancerresearchuk.org/
To enable us to get an understanding of a candidate's transaction experience at the application stage we would be grateful if you could provide us with an overview of the deals that you have negotiated, either within your CV or as an additional attachment with your CV.