Licensing and Ventures Manager – Life Sciences
Licensing and Ventures Group - Permanent: Ref: 149
Oxford University Innovation Ltd is the highly successful technology transfer company owned by the University of Oxford, commercialising the research generated by the University. Working with over four thousand of the world’s brightest minds, Oxford University Innovation helps translate their ideas and expertise into projects that make a tangible difference to businesses and governments through technology licensing and the formation of spin-out companies.
The Licensing and Ventures Group is now operating in an unprecedented investment ecosystem and has an exciting opportunity for the successful applicant to join its highly motivated and successful team in Oxford and play a pivotal role in commercialisation deals. We are looking for a Licensing and Ventures Manager who can focus on commercialising the outcomes of the University’s research in Life Sciences.
The key responsibilities of the role are:
- Working with and influencing world-leading academics to commercialise new university technologies in the areas of drug discovery/development, biomarkers, diagnostics, medical devices and more.
- Identifying commercial strategies for transferring technologies to industry, including marketing to potential end-users.
- Negotiating appropriate licensing contracts, in conjunction with legal experts.
- Managing the formation of a spin-out company and running programmes that involve a variety of interdependent projects.
- Managing and administering post-deal activity.
The ideal candidate may have a PhD in a Life Science discipline with commercial experience or Life Science background with significant relevant commercial and scientific experience and must have ambition and a track record to achieve results along with a commitment to integrity and sound commercial judgement. Commercial experience in the pharmaceutical or medical related innovation sectors is essential. Candidates should have proven technology transfer or product commercialisation experience, to work autonomously and manage a large diverse portfolio.
The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate proven competence in:
- Grasping technical concepts quickly, and translating these into commercially viable proposals
- Working effectively with key stakeholders, assertively influencing them and where appropriate showing tenacity and persistence in business development situations
- Deploying excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Identifying commercial strategies for transferring technologies to industry, including marketing to potential end-users
- Working successfully within a close-knit team, effective team player and in managing a large portfolio of projects to a successful commercial conclusion.
How to apply: If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application form from our website (www.innovation.ox.ac.uk) and send together with a copy of your CV and covering letter to Sarah Barton at email@example.com. Salary for this role is commensurate with experience and will be in the range of £31,000-40,000 Closing date is Wednesday 26th June 2019
Oxford University Innovation is an Equal Opportunities Employer and accredited with the Investors in People Silver status.