We have an exciting opportunity to join the outstanding Transport team at Innovate UK KTN.
At Innovate UK KTN, we connect ideas, people and communities to drive innovation that changes lives. Transitioning to zero emission transport requires the development and implementation of new technologies and infrastructure and you will play a key role in identifying innovations and connecting the opportunities to make an impact and translate UK potential into commercial reality.
- Define, deliver and/or support programmes of work to enable innovative infrastructure solutions.
- Provide innovation support to companies working in sustainable transport and associated industries.
- Driving knowledge transfer between the science base and industry, promoting networking and enabling innovation.
- Identify and monitor trends and opportunities for innovation through interaction with business and the technology base.
- Ensure that industry is aware of the funding opportunities related to sustainable transport infrastructure innovation.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for industry to meet with peers and potential collaborators through the organisation of workshops and meetings.
- Meet with companies, research institutions and universities, in the UK, to understand their R&D needs and innovation capabilities.
- Degree educated, or equivalent, with post-graduate and/or industrial experience in the application of sustainable transport with a strong understanding of the physical and digital infrastructure requirements.
- An understanding of sustainable transport and infrastructure supply chains across technologies (including digital).
- An understanding of energy distribution services preferred.
- Experience and understanding of transport and infrastructure innovation landscape and current trends.
- Experienced in technology & product development within an industrial and/or academic environment.
- Ability to bring together stakeholders to deliver on a project or task.
- Writing proposals, reports and successful tender bids.
- Organisation, convening experts and delivering/chairing Working Groups, networking events, meetings.
Innovate UK KTN offer a range of benefits including flexible and remote working, 28 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays), competitive pension plan and Life Assurance, EAP, and significant training and development opportunities.