Our Net Zero team is growing, and we are looking for an enthusiastic project or programme manager to join us and help to deliver two of our key strategic programmes, the Net Zero 2030 programme and the Circular Economy Innovation Network.
At Innovate UK KTN, we connect ideas, people and communities to drive innovation that changes lives. There is no more important priority for us as an economy or society, than our drive towards Net Zero. It influences everyone, everything we do and the future of everything we do. We cannot consider innovation without also considering Net Zero and the
impact of climate change. We are dedicated to inspiring, connecting, sharing expertise and shaping the future of innovation in the UK and globally, Net Zero is at the heart of Innovate UK KTN and what we do.
We are looking for someone with experience of delivering multi-stakeholder, complex projects and a demonstrable interest and understanding of implementing net zero/sustainability strategies and action plans.
- Take ownership of the ongoing development and delivery of the Net Zero 2030 strategy and plan, working with teams throughout the organisation to deliver initiatives across all business areas.
- Set targets, track progress, publicise initiatives, and work across the business and supply chain to achieve goals in line with Net Zero 2030 programme.
- Play an active role in shaping and supporting the ongoing development and delivery of the Innovate UK KTN Net Zero Programme.
- Lead on the delivery of the Circular Economy Innovation Network, acting as both technical lead and project manager coordinating input from teams across the business.
- To be compelling as a facilitator, coordinating and engaging with internal and external stakeholders for effective delivery of net zero projects and initiatives.
- To directly engage with businesses and relevant stakeholders, providing support through knowledge transfer, making relevant new connections and facilitating impactful collaborations.
- To plan and deliver dissemination, scoping and networking meetings and events in collaboration with Reach & Engagement colleagues, encouraging cross-sector involvement.
- To seek opportunities for KTN, with potential for new and additional revenue streams.
- To track progress of businesses to determine outcomes resulting from Innovate UK
- KTN interventions, seeking case studies and metrics (KPI) capture.
- To actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (ED&I) in all work and support the organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on ED&I.
- This role requires a highly motivated, self-starting and results oriented individual with a good understanding of net zero and circular economy.
- Degree qualified or equivalent and/or relevant industry experience
- Project Management qualification and/or relevant experience such as experience of delivering multi-stakeholder, complex projects
- Demonstrable interest and understanding of implementing net zero/sustainability strategies and action plans
- Strong understanding of the UK innovation landscape, ideally cross-sectorial, with specific expertise in Net Zero and Circular Economy.
- Demonstrated experience in stakeholder engagement, with a good external profile.
Innovate UK KTN offer a range of benefits including flexible and remote working, 28 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays), competitive pension plan and Life Assurance, EAP, and significant training and development opportunities.