At Innovate UK KTN, we connect ideas, people and communities to drive innovation that changes lives and automated mobility offers transformational opportunities for safety, accessibility, lower emissions and increased efficiency and productivity of our transport systems.
We are offering an exciting chance for you to have make a meaningful impact within automated mobility in the UK, working alongside our dedicated Transport Team to deliver programmes of change.
You will be an enthusiastic individual with current and relevant knowledge and experience in automated mobility, ready to take on the opportunities and challenges presented by advancements in this field. In this position you will play a key role in identifying innovations and connecting the opportunities to make an impact and translate UK potential into commercial reality.
- Connecting companies and other innovation stakeholders to each other, through targeted introductions and collaborations to maximise impact on UK economic growth.
- Support development and implementation of future strategy and work programmes for automated mobility.
- Support the development of cross-cutting application areas such as: 5G connectivity for Transport, Quantum technologies, Cybersecurity, Zero Emissions, Sensors, AI, Robotics, Satellite Navigation, Telematics, etc., by working with other staff in KTN.
- Identify and monitor trends and opportunities for innovation through interaction with business and the technology base.
- Ensure that industry is aware of the funding opportunities for automated mobility related innovation.
- Facilitate networking opportunities for industry to meet with peers and potential collaborators through the organisation of workshops and meetings.
- Meet with companies, research institutions and universities, in the UK, to understand their R&D needs and innovation capabilities (face to face or online).
- Deliver and assist in the support of new funding streams related to industrial challenges including delivering collaboration events.
- Experience of working in an automated mobility business or business-facing organisation.
- A strong understanding of the technologies and services to enable automated mobility.
- Significant successful project management experience.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and persuasively across multi-disciplinary teams and stakeholders, explaining complicated matters simply.
- Able to identify business opportunities and deliver a programme of work to advance
- the knowledge base or business innovation.
- Experience of convening stakeholders to deliver on a project or task.
Innovate UK KTN offer a range of benefits including flexible and remote working, 28 days annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays), competitive pension plan and Life Assurance, EAP, and significant training and development opportunities.