KNOWLEDGE TRANSFER OFFICER
Job Number: SD02530
Faculty/Directorate: Research Engagement and Innovation Services
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Closing Date: 16-12-2021
Salary: £35,326-£40,927 per annum
Location: This position will be based at the Singleton Campus
To deliver its sustainable top 30 ambition Swansea University needs a professional services workforce with the differentiated skills necessary to ensure that it can deliver excellence through efficient and effective systems and processes that harness innovations in technology.
Please note that the closing date for internal applicants is 2 December 2021.
Main purpose of the post
Research Engagement and Innovation Services (REIS) provide professional services to Swansea University in support of Research and Innovation activities. The Engagement, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Team provide direct support for innovation, business engagement, entrepreneurship and commercialisation activities across the university.
Funded by Research Wales Innovation Funding, the post holder will be line managed by the Strategic Partnership Manager, in the Department for Research Engagement and Innovation Services (REIS) and be responsible for managing the successful delivery of our ambitious plans to expand our knowledge Transfer project portfolio.
We are looking to recruit an energetic, focused and professional Knowledge Transfer Officer who will take a leading role in the generation and management of Knowledge Exchange activities including Transfer Partnership (KTP) and Smart Partnership (SP) projects and will support other Knowledge exchange and innovation funding opportunities across the University. They will be responsible for supporting the current portfolio of KTP and SP projects taking a leading role in developing new applications and managing the business and academic relationships and post award requirements within the partnership to support the ambitious growth plans of our Innovation and KTP/SP strategies.
- Demonstrable evidence of taking pride in delivering professional services and solutions
- Ability to work together in an environment of equality, trust and respect to deliver services that strive to exceed the needs and expectations of customers
- Demonstrable evidence of providing a caring approach to all of your customers ensuring a personalised and positive experience
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Experience of supporting links between industry and non-industry organisations (ideally academia).
- Experience of Negotiating agreements and plans with businesses.
- Experience of preparing bids and winning externally funded contracts
- Experience of creating and executing project work plans, demonstrating the ability to estimate, organise and schedule events, activities and resources, and to set up and monitor timescales and plans with built in contingencies.
- Experience of Managing project Financials and adherence funder guidelines/audit.
- Experience of Developing effective marketing and events
- History of delivering professional presentations
- Experience of managing external partners and project stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan around several deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to build working relationships across internal and external stakeholders and sponsors
- Proven business development experience and ability to negotiate
- Evidence of capturing, storing, interpreting and presenting complex project-based data and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in being able to easily summarise the data, its meaning and significance.
- Appreciation of Current Knowledge Transfer Funding landscape and mechanisms.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a dispersed team
- Ability to work and communicate with staff at all levels
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative to achieve agreed aims
- Ability to encourage and empower others to buy in to a particular idea or project.
- Ability to work across all major Microsoft packages, video conferencing functions, social networking platforms such as LinkedIn
To apply for the post please click on the link: www.swansea.ac.uk/jobs
Applicants are asked to provide a completed online application providing evidence against the essential criteria in the recruitment documentation. Applicants should also attach to the application (if required …. separate documents) Examples might include:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Publication list;
- Statement detailing your research / teaching strategy
- a video upload
For further information, please contact Steve Owen, Strategic Partnerships Manager email@example.com
The University is committed to supporting and promoting equality and diversity in all of its practices and activities. We aim to establish an inclusive environment and welcome diverse applications from the following protected characteristics: age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality, ethnic and national origin), religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation