(RAI) are significant globalised technologies increasingly applicable to every sector, from sub-sea monitoring to space exploration and from agriculture to health care. Intelligent Systems perceive and respond to the world around them, be that through advanced robotics with sensors, actuators and embedded AI to provide various degrees of autonomy or through the use of machine learning with live data stream to edge or cloud based digital systems to support decision making and productivity.
The UK has an extensive industrial and academic research base with an immense potential to impact on home and global markets through Intelligent Systems. The Robotics & Artificial Intelligence Special Interest Group (RAI SIG) addresses this opportunity enabling UK RAI innovators to connect, access markets and showcase their capability.
The Robotics & Artificial Intelligence team is looking for a determined, bright, analytical and goal-orientated individual to deliver business-facing knowledge transfer activates aimed at stimulating innovation in Robotics & AI with potential to grow the UK economy.
In particular, the role is to promote and drive knowledge transfer between the research base and industry; between the RAI industries and other sectors, where there is the potential for disruptive innovation; and to help businesses access the right knowledge, collaborators and investments to develop new products, processes and services.
The post will be extremely varied, working with organisations across the RAI industries, but with a focus on opportunities driven by industrial challenges and the application of new, transformative RAI technologies into vertical sectors.
The role will also be highly flexible, working across the KTN to meet demand for new opportunities as they emerge. The post offers significant scope for personal development and would especially suit an enthusiastic applicant with the desire to define and deliver a cross-sectorial agenda. Applications from candidates bringing diversity and fresh thinking to the role are particularly welcome.
Grade: Knowledge Transfer Manager (KTM), Level 1
Salary: £31,447 – £39,310 (depending on experience)
Location: Based from home or within one of two office locations (Central London or Edinburgh), with considerable UK travel expected.
Scope: Intelligent Systems (Robotics, Autonomous Systems, Artificial Intelligence)
This role will work within the RAI team supporting the successful delivery of the Robotics & Artificial Intelligence Special Interest Group (RAI SIG). Special Interest Groups are a very high-profile activity at KTN and a mechanism for delivering cross convening activity with cross disciplinary teams. They are strategically important, innovative and have external visibility.
The role will also work closely with sector teams across the Complex Systems Group (, , & and ) and the wider KTN to identify and understand how Intelligent Systems relate to and can be applied within other established or emerging sectors.
The successful candidate will also engage with Innovation Support Programmes such as the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund and other UKRI initiatives.
- Building and maintaining a good rapport with key stakeholders in RAI technologies from relevant companies, universities, research & technology organisations and government departments
- Supporting the activities of the RAI Special Interest Group
- Facilitating collaborations that drive innovation and growth in the UK
- Facilitating investment into the collaborations that drive innovation in the UK
- Delivery of KTN work programmes
- Working with Sector teams within KTN and Innovate UK, and external businesses to identify new applications of RAI Technologies in different markets
- Identifying and prioritising RAI technologies and industries, through research and close working with a portfolio of stakeholders
- Forming new communities in RAI technologies and industries and identifying where there is a compelling case for new Special Interest Group activity
- Identifying income generating projects and proposal writing
- To support the Project Manager of the RAI Special Interest Group to ensure timely delivery of deliverables and outputs
- To liaise closely with KTN staff in all communities to ensure a good understanding of other sector activities, to ensure well informed and integrated working
- To promote the benefits of KTN and innovation within a business context to the UK sector including the preparation of promotional material and the use of various media
- To directly engage with University groups and businesses through making new connections and collaborations, both within and across evolving supply chains, and providing access to funding
- To design, plan and deliver events and workshops and author reports if applicable
- To actively facilitate and contribute to cross-sector collaborations
- To contribute to KTN-wide internal communications and projects, helping colleagues as required
- To undertake necessary administrative duties including the timely completion of accurate reports, meeting minutes and expenses
Applicants must have the existing and ongoing right to work in the U.K without restrictions as sponsorship for visas is not provided.
For full job description,.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to. Applications that are submitted without a CV and covering letter will be automatically withdrawn from the process.