IP Commercialisation Executives x 2; Coventry University
Department: Enterprise & Innovation
Salary: Grade 8 £45,902 - £54,772 & benefits
Permanent - Full-time
Vacancy Ref Number: REQ007061
Coventry University’s proven success is driven by its hard working ethos. The highest ranking modern university in England for 7 years running (Guardian 2013-2019), we achieved a gold rating in the UK government’s 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF). Our vision is to continue to enhance our position as a leading provider of innovative education and impactful research both nationally and across the world.
Coventry University has a track record of successful IP commercialisation, business engagement and support to a wide range of sectors both regionally, nationally and internationally. To build on our recent successes in IP commercialisation, we are looking to recruit two IP Commercialisation Executives into the IP Commercialisation Office.
Based in the Faculty of Engineering, Environment and Computing and the Faculty of Health and Life Sciences (and reporting to the IP Commercialisation Director), the post holders will work with staff and students to commercialise University Group IP. There is a particular focus on the identification, commercial assessment, and marketing of IP to ensure revenue return to the University Group from its world class research outputs. You will identify and then progress opportunities through to completion and revenue generation, managing relationships with academics and students, industry and other key strategic partners. A close working relationship with colleagues in Legal Services will ensure that the desired route to market for IP is approved and agreed efficiently. This will include preparing elevator pitches to start new companies and negotiation of licences.
- PhD in a STEM subject, or a legal qualification, or equivalent experience
- Sound working knowledge and experience of intellectual property commercialisation, experience gained within a commercial organisation would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of routes to market for IP
- Experience of starting new business and a track record in spin-out company formation and negotiating and securing licenses.
- Exceptional presentation skills and experience of communicating complex technical and legal concepts to non-experts
Application closing date: 14/07/19
For further information on this role and to apply please follow the below link to our website.