Research and Innovation Services (RIS) is the central professional services office at the University of Dundee which provides integrated research funding development, commercialisation and business engagement support to academic researchers. Working in partnership to deliver University and School strategic priorities and generate academic, economic and societal impact.
We are recruiting for an exceptional individual to join us as an Intellectual Property Manager within our expanding Business and Innovation Team. We offer professional support to our high profile academic community with a focus on pragmatic and professional IP management throughout a wide range of academic and industry innovation opportunities.
The post will report to Head of Business and Innovation and will be integral to a thriving Directorate, providing professional services surrounding IP due diligence and portfolio management. You will work closely with the wider Business and Innovation team, external industry partners and patent agents.
This is an exciting opportunity at the University of Dundee’s Research and Innovation Services (RIS), as we are investing and building capacity and expertise in our Business and Innovation Team. If you are an enthusiastic individual with a passion to make a difference and make things happen and have a keen interest in the University’s excellent international research and innovation portfolio, then this is the position for you.
Your priorities will include:
- Managing the disclosure and due diligence process for the University of Dundee’s patent portfolio (in excess of 40 disclosures per annum)
- Proactively seeking out new disclosures from the research base to meet agreed targets • Delivering the IP protection strategy for all appropriate disclosures
- Delivering an IP promotional and consultancy role for colleagues
- Ensuring that the appropriate databases and associated e-filing systems are kept fully up to date with details of all disclosures, their associated due diligence and any related protection activities
Who we’re looking for:
- A first degree in a STEM related subject
- An ability to demonstrate in depth experience and working knowledge of IP management and due diligence practice
- An individual who is passionate about IP protection and making things happen
We are one of the UK’s leading universities – internationally recognised for our expertise across a range of disciplines and research breakthroughs in multiple areas, including science, medicine and engineering, amongst many others. Conveniently located on the banks of River Tay, our main city-centre campus is at the heart of Dundee - an up-and-coming, friendly, compact and affordable city with a rich heritage in design and technology. We also have campuses at Ninewells Hospital and in Kirkcaldy which are easily accessible via local transport links.
For further information about this position please contact Margaret Teven at email@example.com To find out more about Research and Innovation Services please visit our Website.
The diversity of our staff and students helps to make the University of Dundee one of the top universities in the UK.
Family friendly policies, staff support networks for BME and LGBT staff, membership of Athena SWAN and Stonewall, as well a full range of disability services, create an enjoyable and inclusive place to work.