This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who is ready to hit the ground running, picking up an exciting portfolio of NHS projects across the West Midlands region which have the potential to really offer change and benefit patients and the economy.
MidTECH Innovations (hosted by University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust) acts as the technology transfer hub for the NHS in the West Midlands region, offering our services as part of the West Midlands Academic Health Science Network (WMAHSN).
We help NHS organisations across the region to discover, develop, protect, and commercialise their new innovations.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Innovation Manager who can work across a range of NHS organisations providing them with services relating to technology transfer, intellectual property, contract management and business development.
The role will support MidTECH in maximising our potential in building relationships with NHS organisation and developing new innovations with them, so that they can be adopted across the region and beyond.
These services include –
- Meeting with new innovators and departments in the NHS in the region to discuss new ideas and innovations (mainly via TEAMS but potential to travel to different locations in the region and beyond on occasion).
- Assessment of new idea disclosures, both in terms of intellectual property (IP) and market potential
- Offering of IP advice and strategy development.
- Developing contacts and negotiations with commercial organisations.
- Reviewing and drafting of certain agreements and documents.
- Assisting with the IP and commercial aspects of funding applications.
- Liaising with external expert services, such as solicitors and patent attorneys.
- Working with organisations to help them develop their innovation strategies and processes.
- Offering IP and innovation training to organisations.
If you are interested in this role and think you have what it takes, then apply from the 6th September 2021 on NHS Jobs!
Closing date: 4th October 2021
Interview Date: 21st October 2021 (fallback date of 22nd October)
To Apply – Applications must be made via the NHS Jobs website; please follow this link – https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/xi/vacancy/916717130
(if you have submitted an application you may also send your CV to email@example.com , however, all applications must be made via NHS Jobs)