MidTECH Innovations is the NHS Innovation Hub for the West Midlands and as such, acts as the technology transfer hub, for the NHS in the West Midlands Region, offering our service as part of the WMAHSN.
The role of the IM will be to provide those technology transfer services and the wider MidTECH service to NHS organisations in the region.
These services include –
- Meeting with new innovators and departments in the NHS in the region to discuss their new ideas.
- Assessment of new idea disclosures, both in terms of intellectual property (IP) and market potential
- Offering of IP advice and strategy development.
- Developing contacts and negotiations with commercial organisations.
- Reviewing and drafting of certain agreements and documents.
- Assisting with the IP and commercial aspects of funding applications.
- Liaising with external expert services, such as solicitors and patent attorneys.
- Working with organisations to help them develop their innovation strategies and processes.
- Offering IP and innovation training to organisations.
This role will ideally suit a candidate with experience of technology transfer, intellectual property, contract management and business development, although not necessarily in healthcare as we believe the skills are transferable (although healthcare and NHS experience is clearly desirable).
We are looking for a high calibre candidate to join a small dynamic team and be ready to hit the ground running and tap into the organisations our service has yet to reach.
Please review the job description and person specification documents and look through the MidTECH website for more information on the services that we offer.
We are willing to allow CV submissions for this application.
A car is required for travel around the region.