Organisation Detail: BBSRC - Innovation and Skills Group Programme
Reference Number: IRC250937
Date Posted: 05 September 2019
Grade: UKRI-Band D
Contract Type: Open Ended
Hours: Full Time
Closing Date: 20 October 2019
Interview Date: 05 November 2019
This is an exciting post, which works across our Capability and Innovation Domain and International Relations Unit.
The purpose of this Innovation Manager (International) role is to contribute to delivering positive economic and social impact in developing countries from our bioscience investments, through enabling effective delivery of international activities particularly through the Newton Fund and the Global Challenges Research Fund (GCRF).
The Innovation Manager (International) role is a position within BBSRC, and it is expected that in the region of 70% activities of the post will be focused on Newton and GCRF activities, however, there will also be the opportunity for the post holder to shape the role responding to key priorities for BBSRC.
The main focus of the role is to:
- Contribute to our understanding as to the ways through which benefits are delivered from bioscience in a developing country context
- To lead the coordination of the capability and innovation contributions to support and enable the effective management, development and delivery of the Newton Fund
- To lead on the management of a portfolio of programmes, including their development, delivery, monitoring and evaluation, to support translation in and ODA context, and which deliver benefit and impact from past and current BBSRC investments
- To develop, provide and share across CID, BBSRC and UKRI more widely, good practice in supporting capability and innovation in an ODA context
- To maintain and develop relationships with the ODA community across UKRI, ensuring capability and innovation is appropriately considered and effectively integrated in to forward planning of ODA activities, in particular through the Newton Fund
- Help foster our partnerships with a range of organisations, including industry, in the UK and more widely
- To contribute, where appropriate, to the effective delivery of BBSRC’s strategy for capability and innovation, working with colleagues across BBSRC and more widely.
UK Research and Innovation is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation. More information can be found at www.ukri.org.
The Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC) invests in world-class bioscience research and training on behalf of the UK public. Our aim is to further scientific knowledge, to promote economic growth, wealth and job creation and to improve quality of life in the UK and beyond.
Funded by Government, we support research and training in universities and strategically funded institutes. BBSRC research and the people we fund are helping society to meet major challenges, including food security, green energy and healthier, longer lives. Our investments underpin important UK economic sectors, such as farming, food, industrial biotechnology and pharmaceuticals.
For more information about BBSRC, our science and our impact see: http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk
For more information about BBSRC strategically funded institutes see:http://www.bbsrc.ac.uk/institutes