Industry Partnerships and Commercialisation Senior Executive – Faculty of Engineering
Do you have significant experience in commercial deal-making or licensing in an engineering business environment? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you. Join us in supporting Imperial’s research collaborations with business and technology commercialisation activities. Imperial values collaborative research that combines real-world business challenges with academic curiosity and research rigour to deliver tangible benefits for...
Date posted: 18 March 2019
Closing date: 23 April 2019
Key information about the role
Location: South Kensington Campus(map)
Position type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £56,526 – £64,869 plus benefits
Do you have significant experience in commercial deal-making or licensing in an engineering business environment? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you. Join us in supporting Imperial’s research collaborations with business and technology commercialisation activities.
Imperial values collaborative research that combines real-world business challenges with academic curiosity and research rigour to deliver tangible benefits for society. Working in partnership with industry to increase academic engagement in collaborative research and commercialisation lies at the heart of the College’s enterprising ecosystem.
Imperial is a leader in industry-university collaborations and technology transfer and you will be an integral member of Imperial’s Enterprise Division, working with leading global companies (major sponsors are Shell, Rolls Royce, BP, GSK, Dyson, ABB, Lilly, JLR etc.) and our world-class researchers to develop research and technologies through collaboration and commercialisation
Duties and responsibilities
As a service provider to the Faculty of Engineering supporting academics in their interactions with industry and commercialisation activities, your main duties will include:
- Promoting College’s capabilities and licensing portfolio and securing collaborative research and commercialisation income;
- Assessment of research discoveries, analysis and evaluation, and advancement of those technologies through to market adoption via collaboration with industry, access to translational funds, licensing or spin out;
- Managing industry partnerships and key stakeholder relationships.
To do this successfully, you will:
- Have significant experience in commercial deal making or licensing in an engineering business environment or technology venture capital.
- Have an understanding of the academic environment, and in particular, university funding mechanisms and technology commercialisation, preferably gained through previous experience of working within HEI or industry
- Have a strategic and analytical mindset, strong delivery focus, and excellent communication skills
- Have an understanding of product innovation and technology commercialisation processes
This career opportunity will maximise to the full your experience and interest in roles such as Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Relationship Manager, Corporate Partnerships Executive, Corporate Development Manager, Corporate Relationship Manager, Strategic Relationship Manager, Research and Business Partnership Manager, Licensing Executive and Technology Transfer Manager within the technology, pharmaceutical, chemicals, higher education, government sectors or similar.
This is a full-time, open-ended position.
For more information or if you wish to discuss this role informally, contact Ivona M Ryan, at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference
For technical issues when applying online please email email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 7th April 2019 (midnight GMT)
Imperial College is committed to equality of opportunity, to eliminating discrimination and to creating an inclusive working environment. We are an Athena SWAN Silver award winner, a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident Employer and work in partnership with GIRES to promote respect for trans people.
The College is a proud signatory to the San-Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment (DORA), which means that in hiring and promotion decisions, we evaluate applicants on the quality of their work, not the journal impact factor where it is published. For more information, see https://www.imperial.ac.uk/research-and-innovation/about-imperial-resear...