Industry Partnerships and Commercialisation Executive - Faculty of Engineering
Would you like to be part of a successful team developing research and technologies through collaborations with business and commercialisation of Imperial’s discoveries? Join us and contribute to generating major impact across one of the World’s leading universities. Imperial values collaborative research that combines real-world business challenges with academic curiosity and research rigour to deliver tangible benefits for society....
Job listing information
Date posted: 11 February 2019
Closing date: 17 March 2019
Key information about the role
Location: South Kensington Campus(map)
Position type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £46,762 – £56,526 plus benefits
Would you like to be part of a successful team developing research and technologies through collaborations with business and commercialisation of Imperial’s discoveries? Join us and contribute to generating major impact across one of the World’s leading universities.
Imperial values collaborative research that combines real-world business challenges with academic curiosity and research rigour to deliver tangible benefits for society. Working in partnership with industry to increase academic engagement in collaborative research and commercialisation lies at the heart of the College’s enterprising ecosystem.
Imperial is a leader in industry-university collaborations and technology transfer and you will be an integral member of Imperial’s Enterprise Division, working with leading global companies (major sponsors are Shell, Rolls Royce, BP, GSK, Dyson, ABB, Lilly, JLR etc.) and our world-class researchers to develop research and technologies through collaboration and commercialisation.
Duties and responsibilities
As a service provider to the Faculty of Engineering supporting academics in their interactions with industry and commercialisation activities, your main duties will include:
- Promoting College’s capabilities and licensing portfolio and securing collaborative research and commercialisation income;
- Assessment of research discoveries, analysis and evaluation, and advancement of those technologies through to market adoption via collaboration with industry, access to translational funds, licensing or spin out;
- Managing industry partnerships and key stakeholder relationships;
To do this successfully, you will:
- Have experience in relationship and/or project management combined with technical knowledge which will be used to converse with experts in both corporate and university environments, across the subject domains of the faculty
- Possess a wide range of skills and aptitudes including excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Have a strategic and analytical mindset, and strong delivery focus
- Understand the academic environment, product innovation and technology commercialisation processes
This career opportunity will maximise to the full your experience and interest in roles such as Business Development Manager, Business Development Executive, Relationship Manager, Corporate Partnerships Executive, Corporate Development Manager, Corporate Relationship Manager, Strategic Relationship Manager, Research and Business Partnership Manager, Licensing Executive and Technology Transfer Manager within the technology, pharmaceutical, chemicals, higher education, government sectors or similar.
This role is a full time, open-ended position.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Ivona Ryan, Executive Coordinator at email@example.com
To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference PRO00215
For technical issues when applying online, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 17th March 2019 (midnight GMT)