A strategic and leadership role, the Head of Technology Transfer will be responsible for overseeing and managing a number of Innovation & IP commercialisation functions at the University.
The post holder will oversee the management of strategic Innovation based funded projects such as AgorIP (OpenIP), the management and governance of the Institution’s IP Commercialisation functions & policies, and appointed Director of its wholly owned subsidiary for commercialisation activities, Swansea Innovations Ltd.
• Managing the delivery of a major EU funded project, AgorIP (OpenIP)
• Driving technology transfer within academia, Health Boards, SMEs and industry
• Appointed Director of Swansea Innovations Ltd, a subsidiary for commercialisation activities
• Leading an experienced technology transfer team
• Managing commercialisation activity and an active IP portfolio
• Governance of IP commercialisation functions & policies
• Negotiating commercial legal contracts, including IP related agreements
• Handling Material Transfer Agreements (MTAs) and Confidentiality Agreements
• Drafting and leading on translational funding applications
• Managing project finances, risks and conflicts