Ploughshare Innovations enables the research and innovations developed by its shareholder Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (Dstl), and wider UK Government, to be commercialised to benefit both humanity and our economy. We review a wide variety of technologies from the fields in which our clients operate, and we need to predict and respond in those fast-moving markets with speed and agility.
We need you ensure we have the best working practices by using analytical insight to drive the best outcomes from our overall portfolio of inventions and intellectual property. You will build a comprehensive working capability that makes it really easy for our innovation sources to collaborate with us, and ensure that time is never wasted in taking our innovations to market. You will also bring financial leadership to ensure that finance is strategic in nature, and we measure the right things.
- Build success for Ploughshare, and its shareholder Dstl, by enabling fast-paced commercialisation to harness market impact.
- Shape and manage the strategic direction and portfolio planning to create agile and effective impact for Ploughshare.
- Develop and be responsible for an end to end delivery model and systems capability which is clear, transparent, and underpinned by data and insight.
- Own the Ploughshare critical metric and measurement model. Ensure that all methodology is attuned to the agile requirements of the business.
- Own expansion of Ploughshare to other Government Departments, working in partnership with Commercial VPs.
- Provide strategic overview to the financial management of Ploughshare.
- Define and supervise impact measurement approach and ongoing tracking.
- Work closely with other technology transfer partners to share and communicate optimum working practices.
- Provide financial impact and measurement advice overview of commercial activities where appropriate.
- Maintain and expand extensive networks both internally, cross-government and with industry, entrepreneurs, and potential investors to help grow our business and brand.
This post requires that you are educated to degree level; an MBA would be an advantage.
A demonstrated track record in designing and implementing new operating models and systems is essential and a background in diverse sectors and experience in agile methodology would be very welcome. You must be analytical, and curious in your thinking, with extensive strategic financial management experience. You will be commercially agile, have strong interpersonal skills and be comfortable collaborating with your colleagues.
An understanding of Intellectual Property Rights and the UK patent process is desirable.
Our office is based at Porton Down Science Park, Wiltshire. However, the working location is flexible if you are able to travel to Wiltshire when required. The role may require travel, both nationally and internationally.
Applicants need to hold UK nationality and be able to gain appropriate security clearances.
More Information and How to Apply
If you are interested in a confidential conversation please call The McLean Partnership:
- Jonathan Swain on 07733 304094, or
- Adam Mahmood on 07384 818902, or
- Rebecca Rampat on 07957 730837
The closing date for applications is 9am on 21 October 2020.