This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in the recently formed commercialisation vehicle of a leading UK University. The purpose of this venture is to create new spin-out companies as well as support the growth and development of companies within the University’s existing spin-out portfolio. Part of this role will include helping to manage the University’s new investment fund and identifying prospects for investment.
A high-calibre individual is required to lead the organisations activities in Life Sciences and Healthcare.
The primary purpose of the role is to grow the volume and value of the University’s Life Sciences spin-out portfolio, developing, leading and advising on IP commercialisation strategies, with particular responsibility for maximising commercial return for the University.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development of new Life Science spin-out companies
- Support existing Life Science spin-out companies
- Generate investment propositions for the University’s new investment fund The successful candidate must have the following:
- Substantial experience of either high tech start-up or university spin-out companies in the field of Life Sciences
- Substantial experience of the Life Science industry
- An understanding of Intellectual Property commercialisation gained through experience in an IP office or business development role, or substantial participation in technology transfer process in industry or academia
- Experience of company formation including the creation of new business plans
- Experience of equity fund-raising including structuring investments in early stage Life Science companies and working with a range of investors
For further discussion in confidence please contact firstname.lastname@example.org