Global Product Manager
Salary: Circa £40,000 - £47,000 per annum dependent on experience
Location: Stratford, London office 1 or 2 days per week with flexible working opportunities
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Closing date - this post will close once a suitable candidate is found, please do not delay applying to avoid disappointment
Ximbio is the world’s largest non-profit dedicated to life science research tools of all kinds (incl. antibodies, cell lines, animal models, small molecules, etc.). It is part of Cancer Research UK, the largest independent funder of cancer research in the world. With a history of more than 40 years of managing and providing reagents to both academic and for-profit laboratories around the world, Ximbio has been steadfast in its mission of accelerating life science research by making research tools widely and easily available.
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Global Product Manager to join the team and be responsible for…
Developing the global product strategy for the antibody and cell lines portfolio to support key growing areas of cancer research including immuno-oncology. You will provide subject matter expertise, thought leadership and manage day to day operations of the portfolio to drive growth and success. The role involves a high degree of interaction and collaboration with both internal (portfolio, business development, operations and sales teams) and external stakeholders around the world.
This role works as part of the Marketing team to deliver the ambitious growth strategy for antibody and cell line portfolio both in a B2B and B2C operating model. The primary objective is to manage and support the entire product life cycle of the product lines by executing product management initiatives that support the overall market segment strategy.
Some of the key accountabilities you can expect are…
- Create and deliver a portfolio strategy that leverages new market opportunities and delivers growth targets
- Support the development and delivery of a global strategy for development, positioning and growth of the antibody and cell line portfolio
- Track the commercial performance of the assigned product line(s) and their respective markets, and regularly present market and financial summaries to the team
- Collaborate with portfolio and business development team to conduct opportunity analysis and strategic planning for in- and out-licensing of intellectual property based on market requirements
- Work in conjunction with marketing communications to develop and support the global marketing strategy and annual plan based on product and market insights including campaign planning and evaluation, collateral review and product launches.
- Develop and review website, email and social media content together with product information, manuals, labels and packaging to enhance overall user experience
- Work with the portfolio team to solve any technical queries and quality related issues
- Support sales and business development teams as the subject matter expert for assigned portfolio by delivering sales support tools and training
For a full job description, please see here: https://adobe.ly/3icGZKy
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with…
- PhD in biological-science field or chemistry OR Experience in product management, marketing, sales or business development
- Practical knowledge or laboratory experience with consumables such as antibodies and cell lines used in academic or commercial research environments
- Experience in leading a cross functional portfolio
- Good understanding of product positioning based on value proposition and voice of customer
- Strong organisational, analytical, data interpretation and project management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with experience in developing strong relationships with key stakeholders